Red inner thigh

Mouse3k

Feb 4, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Hello,
spring is now here. For the last week or so, I notice lulu been licking her inner thigh a lot that it's pink, light reddish. She also has some spots on her back legs near her thigh, look like bug bites. I don't know if this is allergies, reaction to bug bites, or something serious. AnyOne else had this problem with their babies?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi there, I'm sorry she's going through this. Can you post a picture of her leg and the spots?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What area of the US are you in and as Phil asked... pictures, please!

OP
Mouse3k

Mouse3k

Feb 4, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
I hope the pic posted. We are located in Florida.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 110

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It looks uncomfortable, those could be bites or hives.... You can give benedryl 1mg per pound (plain benedryl without any aspirin or anything added). I'm sure allergerues are getting bad in Florida right now. :(

What type if kibble do you feed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I hope the pic posted. We are located in Florida.

OUCH! definitely allergic to something outside, grass, bug bites, ants? Any other areas on her like that?

clean the are with warm wash cloth and wipe with witch hazel or get some Douxo pads . Give Benedryl up to 3x a day 1mg per pound

OP
Mouse3k

Mouse3k

Feb 4, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
She eats nutro dry rice/lamb mix with limited ingredients nutro wet rice/lamb. She had blood pimples under her chin for months until we switched her food (she use to eat blue buffalo potato and duck). No more pimples and her thighs been red only two weeks (she's been on nutro for a few months now) I'm going to get her Benadryl and wipe her with the pads. With the Benadryl, is it in pill form or only liquid?

and she is only red in that area

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
I had a bulldog 8 years ago with that same thing! Grass allergy was a culprit, and believe it or not the vet said take the blanket out of her crate. She was allergic to the blanket, hence why her rash was on belly/leg area. It was the way she layed. Give some Benadryl. Hope she feels better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 100

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She eats nutro dry rice/lamb mix with limited ingredients nutro wet rice/lamb. She had blood pimples under her chin for months until we switched her food (she use to eat blue buffalo potato and duck). No more pimples and her thighs been red only two weeks (she's been on nutro for a few months now) I'm going to get her Benadryl and wipe her with the pads. With the Benadryl, is it in pill form or only liquid?

Pills fir Benedryl .. No to the liquid

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Thank you for posting the pic. I hope she gets better, spring is the worst for allergies. :(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.