General Question Allergy Season coming up

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
I have had Geno on a script from the vet for the last two years (late March thru September). It's 4mg chlorpheniramine maleate. I googled the name of it and got this: https://www.google.com/search?q=chl...&ie=UTF-8#q=chlorpheniramine+maleate&tbm=shop

So it seems to me they charged me 20 or 30 bucks (can't remember) per bottle, when i can get it for $4. The gave me 90 pills in the bottle but i didn't give it to him 3 times a day if he wasn't having symptoms.

So do i go ahead and purchase the OTC version?

Should I get a new vet?

Last edited:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'd get it, then stop off at the vets and ask them what the difference is if any. I'm betting there isn't.

I got stuck buying Heartgard at a vets once. My hubs mentioned we were running low, and since our usual vet just ok's the prescription on petmeds, hubs was wondering if she would do the same. Before he was finished talking, she asked how much he weighed, then went into a cabinet and got it. Next thing I know I'm paying almost twice as much as Petmeds charges.. :cursing:

They sell a lot of the items we can get elsewhere, and they sell it for much more. Drives me crazy. :mad:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online