Help Needed! Nasal discharge

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She is in her crate right now and doesn't want to come out. She didn't really eat but now she is licking banana and pumpkin baby food off of a spoon and still drinking so it is a start. Trying to keep myself calm right now is the hard part.

How is your baby doing today?

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] It was a rough night but she is going a little better. Her breathing has improved tremendously but she is still blowing all kinds of crap out of her nose. She is a little more lively as well and ate half of her breakfast this morning so I think we are on the road of recovery. We have a follow up call with the vet this afternoon to see if we need to do some other things. She was supposed to have another breathing treatment today, but the vet wants to wait until later this afternoon to make that decision or not. Thank you for asking.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor baby, I hope and pray she'll feel better. Sorry you have to go through this, you've got a lot on your plate right now.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sweet baby girl!! I am so thankful you got her in, what a wonderful daddy you are! Ask the vet if steam treatments will help, not sure if it's in her lungs so ask first, when it's upper respiratory it really helps. Just turn in the shower on hot hot, and let her breathe the steam. Doors shut and no fan on. 10-15 minutes is good, it gets warm in there. I usually stay in too, when it gets too uncomfortable for me then I know it's time to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Sweet baby girl!! I am so thankful you got her in, what a wonderful daddy you are! Ask the vet if steam treatments will help, not sure if it's in her lungs so ask first, when it's upper respiratory it really helps. Just turn in the shower on hot hot, and let her breathe the steam. Doors shut and no fan on. 10-15 minutes is good, it gets warm in there. I usually stay in too, when it gets too uncomfortable for me then I know it's time to leave.

Great idea, just like we did with the kids when they were little and had croup!! It Worked wonders.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I'm just reading this today Todd. Hope Harleas doing better...I would imagine its a good sign when it all starts coming out..it's not clogging up her insides now..hopefully in a day or two she's back to normal. Prayers out to Harlea and you!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22

That is the plan. After talking with the vet it was agreed to try the steam treatment first before bringing her back in for a nebulizer treatment so she will get to hang out with my while i take a shower tonight. If it doesn't help then she will go in for a nebulizer treatment tomorrow.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hows little Harlea? Hope steam treatment gave her some relief. Hope she feels better soon and recovers quickly!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hows little Harlea? Hope steam treatment gave her some relief. Hope she feels better soon and recovers quickly!

She is doing ok. No where near 100% but she is getting a little better day by day. Still blowing junk out of her nose but not as much so we are making progress none the less. I am just happy her appetite has returned.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is doing ok. No where near 100% but she is getting a little better day by day. Still blowing junk out of her nose but not as much so we are making progress none the less. I am just happy her appetite has returned.

slow progress, but progress none the less..... hugs to Harlea girl!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I'm just reading all of this now. Poor baby. It sounds like she is on the right road to recovery. I am sending good thoughts and prayers for her continued improvement. So hard with these babies, because they can't tell us what is wrong. Hugs to you and Harlea!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I'm just reading all of this now. Poor baby. It sounds like she is on the right road to recovery. I am sending good thoughts and prayers for her continued improvement. So hard with these babies, because they can't tell us what is wrong. Hugs to you and Harlea!

Thank you.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
How is Harlea today?

She is about 75% of normal now. Her breathing is getting better and she isn't blowing as much crap out of her nose now but the crap on her belly is starting to die off so we are dealing with the itchies right now. Thank you for asking.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Vet followup tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Most Reactions