Help Needed! Nasal discharge

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holy Smokes! You did the right thing and took her in, you didn't know what it was. Thankfully they caught it early enough so they can treat it. That's so strange that she's like that when she was on the antibiotics.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So sorry Todd, she's in good hands and you did the right thing and listened to your good intuition, by taking her back to the vets. Don't feel bad you couldn't have known and she is on antibiotics and getting treatment now. Hope she feels better soon.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh no! Im so sorry Harlea is going though this. Im glad you brought right in. My prayers are with you. Please keep us posted.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad you trusted your gut and took her in! Big hugs to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I wasn't going to bring her in but then she threw up so I said lets go. When we got to the vet Harlea had no interest in any of the other pups that were there which is not normal for her at all. The vet tech called us back and was in a state of shock as they had never seen Harlea like this before. Same with the vet when she walked in. Once we got in better light and had non-colored gauze to wipe her nose it was plain as day that the discharge was green. The vet listened to everything and could hear just a bit in her lungs so it looks like we caught it early before it turned in to full blown pneumonia and is more of an upper respiratory infection but is right on the edge between the two. After the nebulizer treatment you could tell she was feeling a bit better as she had interest in other dogs again but we aren't out of the woods yet. She is on another antibiotic for the this infection ad the one for her staph infection now.

I asked how this could happen when she was already on an antibiotic to begin with and the Vet told us that the one she is on for the staph is well suited for skin aliments but not respiratory infections so that could be why the infection still got through.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok that makes sense. Hopefully with a couple of doses she will be back to her old self.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Just checking in for today, Prayers for poor Harlea, wishing her a speedy recovery!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW that's crazy… I'm so glad that you took her in :whew: I hope she starts feeling better soon, keep us posted!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thank goodness you took her in! Poor baby, hope she's better soon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I wasn't going to bring her in but then she threw up so I said lets go. When we got to the vet Harlea had no interest in any of the other pups that were there which is not normal for her at all. The vet tech called us back and was in a state of shock as they had never seen Harlea like this before. Same with the vet when she walked in. Once we got in better light and had non-colored gauze to wipe her nose it was plain as day that the discharge was green. The vet listened to everything and could hear just a bit in her lungs so it looks like we caught it early before it turned in to full blown pneumonia and is more of an upper respiratory infection but is right on the edge between the two. After the nebulizer treatment you could tell she was feeling a bit better as she had interest in other dogs again but we aren't out of the woods yet. She is on another antibiotic for the this infection ad the one for her staph infection now.

I asked how this could happen when she was already on an antibiotic to begin with and the Vet told us that the one she is on for the staph is well suited for skin aliments but not respiratory infections so that could be why the infection still got through.

super big hugs to you all.... so sorry your girl is so sick. GREAT decision on taking her in

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yeah I am just so worried for my baby. She is resting in her crate right now but doesn't want to eat her dinner which the vet told us was possible due to the meds they gave her in the office.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Yeah I am just so worried for my baby. She is resting in her crate right now but doesn't want to eat her dinner which the vet told us was possible due to the meds they gave her in the office.

I'm sure she's just worn out from the trip to the vets… she needs her rest!!! Hopefully she will feel better by tomorrow ;)

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I'm sure she's just worn out from the trip to the vets… she needs her rest!!! Hopefully she will feel better by tomorrow ;)

That's what I am hoping. It is going to be a rough next couple of days.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Try to take it easy. I know none of us ever do but try. Im sure she will feel better really soon. Resting is exactly what she needs to be doing right now. At least you get to be with her during the day.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She is in her crate right now and doesn't want to come out. She didn't really eat but now she is licking banana and pumpkin baby food off of a spoon and still drinking so it is a start. Trying to keep myself calm right now is the hard part.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.