Bailey limping after running in snow

hurffman

Apr 3, 2012
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
bailey
Hello! just wanted to get some opinions on this. We got snow here ,again, on monday. Bailey loves to run in the snow, nothing out of the ordinary lol. This time though, she came in limping. She is 2 years old. I have repeatedly checked her pads and joints pushing, pulling, and raising the arm, joints, fingers, paws, and nails, but nothing seems to bother her at all. Sure enough though, when she walks, she limps. Its only been 2 days, it just breaks my heart seeing her limp. Wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience and if I should be worried. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I did have the exact sem issue with Chumley..Running in the snow exerts more muscles especially if its deep. I had your same concerns but in a few days he was back to normal. Try to limit Baileys running (I know thats almost impossible) and if he doesn't improve in a few more days get him checked. Good luck!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hopefully she just pulled something and will be back to her normal self in a few days. Ours have done the same thing a time or two.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
jovi did this within the first 10 mins of bringing her home. We brought her home and put her in our front yard and she instantly tried to jump up 4 stairs at once and ran right into it and sprained her ankle. haha. She stopped limping after 4-5 days. The way I see it if it was broken they would show more pain, but she walked around like it was nothing to her so we didnt take her to the vet and it healed its own. I can only think maybe she ran into the snow and her foot got caught and bent the wrong way. But she would be fine. If she is walking on it but lightly then it should just be a sprain and it will heal really soon

OP
H

hurffman

Apr 3, 2012
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
bailey
Thanks everybody for the quick responses!

Most Reactions