brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So Brutus' health issues continue. He now has a Urinary Tract Infection. Yesterday he started peeing in the house at random no matter how many times we have him outside. He never does this so I knew something was wrong. He had to sleep in his crate last night and I got up every two hours to let him outside because it upsets him so much to pee pee in the house and I know how uncomfortable a UTI can be. I had lots of left over antibiotic from when he was in the hospital recently so I googled the med and it said it is a broad span and very good for UTI's. Great. I started him on it last night with the second dose in today. I called the vet and he said good plan. :2thumbs: I have to see if it clears up in a few days and if not then we investigate further. Ugh...my poor baby has had such a rough time lately.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry Rosalie… I hope that Brutus feels better soon!!! ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Poor Brutus! If the antibiotics work you should see positive results within the day, hopefully today! Give him a hug from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Poor Brutus. Poor Rosalie. Prayers for you both, and hope Bru feels better soon. My Pyr. just got over a serious UTI, now I am giving her two cranberry capsules every morning. Get well soon Brutus!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor Brutus. Poor Rosalie. Prayers for you both, and hope Bru feels better soon. My Pyr. just got over a serious UTI, now I am giving her two cranberry capsules every morning. Get well soon Brutus!
Maybe when this clears up I will give the cranberry as preventative as well. Is is unusual to have such an avalanche of problems? Brutus is my first Bully and he is only 16mos old. Maybe it just seems like it is all at once.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor Brutus! If the antibiotics work you should see positive results within the day, hopefully today! Give him a hug from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I pray I do see results right away. I feel like crying when he is in his crate looking at me like I hate him or something. If he doesn't feel better by tonight I might just roll up the one area rug we have in the LR and just clean up the messes on the floor (that is if I don't get him our in time).

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I hope Brutus is better real soon. I know how you feel about crating him...makes you both feel terrible. Good luck Rosalie

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope Brutus is better real soon. I know how you feel about crating him...makes you both feel terrible. Good luck Rosalie
Thanks. I think he practices his pathetic face just for these occasions.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor guy, I hope he gets over this, good move with the meds you already have. I know how you feel like it's an avalanche of probs all at once but you're a GREAT mom and take such good care of them all of the time. Not like so many people out there that know there's something wrong and just ignore them thinking it will go away.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Uti can be very tricky and antibiotic resistant. It is always best to have a culture done with sensitivity testing in my experience. I battled it with duchess for 3 months.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The update on Bruty Burger is he has not had any pee pee accidents yesterday or today so it looks like the antibiotic is working. He slept through the night without any crying so I think he is on the mend. :pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The update on Bruty Burger is he has not had any pee pee accidents yesterday or today so it looks like the antibiotic is working. He slept through the night without any crying so I think he is on the mend. :pray:

good to hear.... hope it stays that way

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.