Umbiliical Hernia

GoCards82

Jan 15, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wacha
Wacha is 10 weeks now and was born with an Umbilical Hernia. Just looking for someone to call my nerves about it. The vet did not seem very concerned. Stated that she would just close it up during his neuter in a few months. The only thing to worry about is if sometimes an intestine drops through, but his is only like a pinky tip and the vet said probably only a little fat through it. Anyone/Everyone ease my nerves.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As long as they are small, no larger than a 1/2" then no problem. Sometimes if they are small enough, they will close up on their own.

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
My pup had an umbilical hernia that was repaired at one year old when he was neutered. The vet was not concerned about it because it was small...it looked like a small outtie belly button. I was told to rub gently in a circular motion twice a day to move the fat back in. I would just keep an eye on it and call the vet if it becomes sensitive or you notice strange behaviour. I was concerned about the size of the hernia too but the vet would have said if it was large. Winston had his for one year with no issues. I actually came to this site like you to do some research on it. It's hard sometimes being a new bully parent.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had two dogs that had hernia's. A frenchie, and an E bullie. I put a quarter on the spot, and wrapped vet wrap around them to hold the quarter there, and both of their hernia's closed up on their own. Did not need repair when they were spayed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.