dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
My frenchton has a cherry eye that makes an appearance here and there. Over the years we learned how to make it go away. We take a baby wipe and gently wipe the corner of his eye in a downward motion and 99% of the time it goes away. The only time it does not go away is when he has allergies. We give him Benadryl a And wait an hour then repeat the baby wipe process. It has worked for us for last 4 years because we can make it go away we never saw a point in surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for that! Hope thats all we need too. At the moment all is good. Do you give him drops or somezhing?

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Thank you for that! Hope thats all we need too. At the moment all is good. Do you give him drops or somezhing?

No drops, just a simple rub and it goes away. A cherry eye is simply the third eyelid's gland showing - though it looks like an inflammation it is not. So drops are not needed if you can make it go back in place. But if you start noticing it redder than usual, thick discharge and/or excessive watering of the eye (for a few hours) then you should see a vet because it could be a sign of infection.

I use the same pressure rubbing the corner of his eye as I would cleaning his wrinkles. Our vet is also aware of his cherry eye and told us that we could get it removed but since what we are doing works she didn't recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.