mitch4910

mitch4910

Feb 25, 2014
Bristol Tn
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
yes, you can give immodium AD ---- how is he doing now?

I'll give that a try... He is doing a little better.. we went ahead and took him to the vet just to make sure about everything again.. no worms,parasites or anything like that.. He also thinks its just his food.. Last night and then again this morning its turned more to soft serve.. before it was pretty much spraying out like water.. I guess we'll see how he does throughout the day and hopefully it doesn't turn off runny again.. the vet also suggested a probiotic or pepto... Is their any special probiotic I need?? Or just what we gave our little girl??

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That amount of food should be okay for a ten month old, usually is, but sometimes I've seen that extra build up and cause loose stool, even in my own. Pookie I could never give more than 1 1/4 cup even though I wanted him to gain, he was growing so fast and was so active. But everytime I tried to increase his food, a couple days later I had the exact problem you are having. I would back off his meal by 1/4 cup each feeding for a couple days and see how his poo is. If it doesn't help, he may have an allergy to something in the food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I'll give that a try... He is doing a little better.. we went ahead and took him to the vet just to make sure about everything again.. no worms,parasites or anything like that.. He also thinks its just his food.. Last night and then again this morning its turned more to soft serve.. before it was pretty much spraying out like water.. I guess we'll see how he does throughout the day and hopefully it doesn't turn off runny again.. the vet also suggested a probiotic or pepto... Is their any special probiotic I need?? Or just what we gave our little girl??

A lot of folks on here give their dogs a table spoon per day of plain Kefir yogurt for probiotics.

When Curly was on Blue it was basically the same way, some days it was really runny and then sometimes soft serve.

Since he doesn't like pumpkin maybe you could try rice and boiled ground turkey/lean beef/ground chicken a try until things firm up. Pumpkin does work miracles though usually they firm up in about 24 hours while with rice and ground meat it takes a few days

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Btw Curly had Taste of the wild before (we went away with a bunch of dogs and he ate the other dogs food instead of his for the weekend). He did well on that too. TOTW is a bit more affordable than Fromms I think.

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
Our Charley had loose stool on Blue Buffalo fish & sweet potato. Cleared up almost immediately once we put him on Acana Lamb & Apple. The chicken rice and pumpkin just delayed the improvement. I think I gave him too much pumpkin. I'm now finding that I need to add about a tbs of pumpkin to soften his stool on the Acana. But overall this food seems to agree with him. I tried Orijen but it was definitely too rich (also had fish & poultry) and he ended up with soft bowels again and a tummy ache. Acana is a little less costly than Fromm too. Our vet had us use purina fortiflora probiotics. They come in single serve packets, so pricey. I'm now giving him plain Greek yogurt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TRubble1

Mar 5, 2014
Our boy Rubble is having same problem on Blue Buffalo puppy Chicken and Rice. Going to swap food but really not sure what we are going to swap to yet. Don't want to swap and just go through same problem.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Chicken and Fish are Meatballs worse foods. He doesn't tolerate them at all. Maybe a different protein? Venison? Have you tried rice and ground meat mixture to help with diarrhea? My dog won't eat pumpkin, hates it. I know there are dog foods with literally just two ingredients, maybe you can start with that and see what the allergies are?

OP
mitch4910

mitch4910

Feb 25, 2014
Bristol Tn
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Update... Right now we have him on boiled chicken and rice... its got a lot better.. We're still determining what food we want to use.. Im leaning toward fromm but it makes it a hassle when we have nothing around here that carries it.. But for now hes happy with the boiled rice and chicken we are giving him.. cottage cheese and yogurt he really likes to. The pumpkin though he hated...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update... Right now we have him on boiled chicken and rice... its got a lot better.. We're still determining what food we want to use.. Im leaning toward fromm but it makes it a hassle when we have nothing around here that carries it.. But for now hes happy with the boiled rice and chicken we are giving him.. cottage cheese and yogurt he really likes to. The pumpkin though he hated...

Good ode to hear he is progress.... If not Fromm, how about Earthborn or Natures Varity, both are grain free. You can also order From. Online from Petflow free shipping with EBN code

Bulldogmd

Sep 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronson
Try Fromm and mix a little of pumpkin paste/purée, make sure you get pumpkin only ( NOT PIE FILLING ) and me personally I would let the blue buff go and switch to something holistic. Fromm

Bulldogmd

Sep 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronson
Order Fromm on line Chewy.com, great customer services and they deliver fast.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.