monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Hi all,
I noticed last night Bear has bumps in between his toes and pads on his two front paws. They are red and irritated looking too. Just a little bit ago I saw that two of the bumps now have open sores on them. No blood or anything, just raw looking. There is no odor, I don't believe it's yeast. I soaked it in chlorhexidine and put some neosporin on it then bandaged him up to keep it clean. I can get a picture tomorrow when I unwrap his paw.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Could it be allergies? He has had runny poo on and off since we brought him home at 10 weeks. He's gone from firm to liquid to firm to soft serve to really firm- Everytime I was about to call the vet he would firm up. I have a one year old who likes to sneak Bear some snacks every now and then which I assume is contributing. His energy level is fine and he drinks a ton of water so I'm not too concerned about dehydration. He has been wormed and is UTD on all his vaccines.

Since tomorrow is Sunday I figured I would ask you guys since I'll probably get more info here than the vet's anyways lol His paw doesn't seem to bother him unless I'm touching were the bumps are. He has been itching too, but I haven't seen any fleas on him.. He's on Fromm Gold. I'm assuming it's some sort of grain intolerance causing all of this- I just have a feeling. Once I get some opinions from you guys and talk to the vet Monday, I am going to pick up either Earthborn Holistic or Fromm Four Stars. Unless you guys have better recommendations? I'd like to try Acana but SO says that it's a last resort food since it's so expensive :no: I'd be freaking out a lot more if he seemed to be in pain or distressed, but he's acting fine. I only noticed because I was drying his paws off after his bath last night!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Definitely could be allergies, food or environmental.... How old is he and how much do you feed?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They sound like cysts. They are from allergies your right.

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
He's 13 weeks old and I feed him a little less than 3/4 cups twice a day with about half a cup for lunch, so 2 cups all together. I was reading up on the cyst thing last night and they don't look like any of the pictures so I can't tell for sure if that's what it is or not.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He's 13 weeks old and I feed him a little less than 3/4 cups twice a day with about half a cup for lunch, so 2 cups all together. I was reading up on the cyst thing last night and they don't look like any of the pictures so I can't tell for sure if that's what it is or not.

Can you get a picture of them for us to see? Feeding sounds good

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I got some different food to try, Natures Variety Instinct Salmon. And I got a good picture with SO's phone. There's a bump on the top side in between his toes too

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I don't know if I did this right. I'm on SO's phone and I have no idea what I'm doing lol

Attachments

• WP_20140316_003.jpg
    WP_20140316_003.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 129

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
We did use some about a week and a half ago but I carried him to the grass. Also, it's only his front paws. The other paw has a bump but it's not open. His back paws are perfectly fine!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We did use some about a week and a half ago but I carried him to the grass. Also, it's only his front paws. The other paw has a bump but it's not open. His back paws are perfectly fine!

It looks like salt sores to me, strange as it sounds, it seems to impact front paws more so. Get some mushers secret or aquaphor and rub it in a couple times a day... Should heal up in a few days
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]. [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]. Any other ideas?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It looks like salt sores to me, strange as it sounds, it seems to impact front paws more so. Get some mushers secret or aquaphor and rub it in a couple times a day... Should heal up in a few days
@Manydogs. @ddnene. Any other ideas?

I agree w/you on this one Christine… looks like salt sores. We use Safe Paws from PetSmart to get rid of the ice, and it's safe if they lick their paws.

I have used Earthborn Holistic for my dogs, and I highly recommend that brand of food…

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Can it last for over a week? I don't have either of those on hand so I put some paw paw ointment on him for now. So I don't need to make a trip to the vet's tomorrow?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Can it last for over a week? I don't have either of those on hand so I put some paw paw ointment on him for now. So I don't need to make a trip to the vet's tomorrow?

Paw paw should work ... I do not see s need for a vet visit. Clean paws each trip back in from outside and apply ointment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Alright. Well, I started the switch to NVI already so I guess we switched foods for nothing. :eek: Maybe it will help his poop firm up!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.