Real Name
    Eric
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ACE (The Bathound)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bumps

Update: I have stopped the Salmon Oil and Nuvet Plus supplements to rule them out while going through a switch from Puppy gold to Fromms Beef Frittata. We will see in about 1 month if his shedding reduces. I want to say it has, but I think I'm being biased due to the "grain free" food
    Ace! Come here boy...
    Ace just stares

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)

Stop brushing him. This happened to lola. Her skin is sensitive due to allergies and every time I brushed her it would irritate her and the bumps would appear. I thought they were hives. It was always worse after brushing and one time after I used the fulminator i could see the bumps raised in the tracks of the brush. The bumps turned into a staph infection that I had to treat with antibiotics. The vet said not to brush her anymore as her skin could not take it. The allergies made her skin this way but when I stopped brushing it certainly reduced the bumps by 80%. I now get all her loose hair off in her bi-weekly bath.
    You can try giving a zyretc or claritin once a day to see if it helps keep the skin from becoming inflamed and sensitive.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member AceTheBathound's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eric
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ACE (The Bathound)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by agentbunny View Post
    Stop brushing him. This happened to lola. Her skin is sensitive due to allergies and every time I brushed her it would irritate her and the bumps would appear. I thought they were hives. It was always worse after brushing and one time after I used the fulminator i could see the bumps raised in the tracks of the brush. The bumps turned into a staph infection that I had to treat with antibiotics. The vet said not to brush her anymore as her skin could not take it. The allergies made her skin this way but when I stopped brushing it certainly reduced the bumps by 80%. I now get all her loose hair off in her bi-weekly bath.
    You can try giving a zyretc or claritin once a day to see if it helps keep the skin from becoming inflamed and sensitive.
    Thanks! Actually, no more bumps. I'm using the kong zoom groom as it is very gentle on their skin due to it being rubber. I'm just hoping the shedding reduces cause if I'm wearing black and carry him, oh my, am I in for some serious lint roller action, lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ace! Come here boy...
    Ace just stares

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads