brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok I thought I had this food allergy under control BUT apparently I can't even give Brutus a pill pocket to take his zyertec in? I gave him one yesterday and one again today and you guessed it, puking tonight. Not a giant amount like previous, but seriously?? Does anyone else think this is too extreme??

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hmm that's weird? What flavor was it? I use the peanut butter ones… you can always wrap his pill in a piece of cheese?!!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hmm that's weird? What flavor was it? I use the peanut butter ones… you c
an always wrap his pill in a piece of cheese?!!

I think like a beefy flavor? Maybe i will try the pb

Feb 19, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Georgie Girl
We couldn't get Georgie Girl to take pills, even with the pill pockets, or hiding it in cheese, meat, anything! Our solution is smash the pill or open and dump the inside of a capsule in peanut butter, mix it up really good and either have her lick it off a finger or put it on a few treats and feed it that way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Poor Brutus.

I have never heard of a pill pocket my pug was shocking for taking tablets and we use to put it in a little bit of Liverwurst.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok I thought I had this food allergy under control BUT apparently I can't even give Brutus a pill pocket to take his zyertec in? I gave him one yesterday and one again today and you guessed it, puking tonight. Not a giant amount like previous, but seriously?? Does anyone else think this is too extreme??

I have used vanilla ice cream from over 9 years... NEVER a miss or an issue. We used lactose free when Nitschke was with us cause he was allergic to dairy, but all three of my guys, it never fails.... roll the pills in the middle like a ball and the gobble it right down

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
When we have to give Harlea a pill we know she won't take we just stuff it in a piece of a banana and down it goes. However, if I don't place it just right she will spit it out. lol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I don't think it's extreme, you're a good mom trying make him better.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.