White Coat / Spay???? HELP! New Owner!

alifedrau

Mar 3, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Hi everyone!

Our puppy was born yesterday and we pick her up in May!! I just have a couple of questions. I am in LOVE with one that is almost all white in colour; are there any health issues with having an all-white coat? Also, what age is suggested for getting a female English bulldog puppy spayed? One last question - when the puppy bleeds because she is in heat, what do you suggest to do, just clean up the blood as it comes?

Thanks for all your help!!! P.S. PLEASE ensure you answer the white coat question - I am in LOVE with that puppy (see the picture) 2.jpg1.jpg! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey there --- my girl is all white with brindle freckles.... she has had no different of an isue than any other color pup. They one thing to be concerned about is time in sun as the skin is more prone to sunburn. Spay - anytime after 6 months of age. Heat, soory no experience as I had Banks spayed at 6 months and she did not have a heat cycle.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh my the one with the little black spot by her coolie?? She is adorable. I have male bulldogs. One is fawn and the other is brown and white with black spots so I'm no help but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help with your questions. I just wanted to say welcome to EBN and gawk at your beautiful baby a bit!!

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
I have a male that is all white and we have never had any problems with him because of it. spayed any time after 6 months. and they have diapers to put on your female while in heat...I used panty liners on Cadi's ...that way you change the liner and the panties stay ok.

Alouman

Feb 25, 2014
Country
England uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Barney
I have a white bulldog boy called Barney. We had him 3-4 days before we realised he was deaf. Make sure you check out her hearing before you buy. Other than that he has a normal bully issue of itching occasionally. I love him soooo much, he's fabulous.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have a male that is all white and we have never had any problems with him because of it. spayed any time after 6 months. and they have diapers to put on your female while in heat...I used panty liners on Cadi's ...that way you change the liner and the panties stay ok.

And I have a puppy from this white male bulldog that she's talking about. She is all white with 2 face patches...And the only thing I have to say is that she is a bitch. She was an only puppy, so that might've been the problem. She has an attitude like you wouldn't believe. She's very very sweet but she just requires a lot of attention. She is very demanding with a personality that makes me laugh every day!

*Blah blah blah iPhone blah blah blah*

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
And the only thing I have to say is that she is a bitch.

Aaaahahahahahah:laugh:

I have two white bulldogs, the male has a brown patch over his eye and the female a few brown spots on her rear end:) None of them has had any coat related issues:) Before Boeboe got spayed she cleaned up really well after herself but if you have carpets you might want to put a nappy on her. I'm not sure what age is the best but I've heard it's good if they have gone through at least one heat cycle... but I can be wrong:unsure:

nadine

Nov 27, 2013
I got my girl done the day after she turned 6 months and she bounced back immedietly

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.