Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mattie -- several health problems

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel and Roxy
    Likes (Received)

Default Mattie -- several health problems

Diesel just had his tail amputeded. He had a very very bad corkscrew tail and it was all raw around it. My vet referral us to university of Georgia who has the best vets for this type of surgeries. The vet at Uga told me about the soft palate surgery as well the nostril surgery. She explained it to me that expesially here in ga where it's so hot and humid it's very hard to breath for the bullies. She said that she will do an x ray of his tail and while she is doing it she will check his soft palate then. She called me before surgery to tell me that she would recommend it as she saw it was pretty long so she did it at the same time as the tail surgery. He was under for about 3h I believe for all three things.

I don't know anything about the eye so I really am not a help but I would go to a vet who knows bulldogs and knows what is doing. I know I did the best thing ever for my boy . He is so much happier now without that big ol infected tail!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mattie -- several health problems

So sorry to hear about your fur baby -I believe that the more vet can do in "one sitting" the better -less time she spend "under" less risk of complications
    it is definitely something to think about and discuss with your vet x
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mattie -- several health problems

Oh, @chaygirl79 , so sorry about all thar surgery. I've never heard of nostril surgery before. If it helps him breathe better, that is a good thing. Holding good thoughts for a speedy recovery. Hopefully Diesel will be a new man after he recovers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel and Roxy
    Likes (Received)

Default Mattie -- several health problems

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Mitchel View Post
    Oh, @chaygirl79 , so sorry about all thar surgery. I've never heard of nostril surgery before. If it helps him breathe better, that is a good thing. Holding good thoughts for a speedy recovery. Hopefully Diesel will be a new man after he recovers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! Diesel is doing great. No complications or anything. Few times I was not sure about things and had to call the vet or ask here but all went fine. We had surgery done two weeks ago . His stitches will be out next week.

The nostril surgery is for him to have bigger nostril so he can breath through his nose better. I believe he has 4-5 stitches in each nostril. Those will come out after three weeks. It's also very common in bullies. However I was just told few days ago that you should wait to do this ( also the soft palate surgery as well) till the bullies are older then 2 years since the nostrils will grow back. Thought that was interesting.

I would say go get the counseling at the recommended vet and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads