What is this?

angela

Jun 18, 2011
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winny 2004-2015
I need some good advice. Hopefully my bully friends can help me with. My sweetie has a booboo under her right arm, in her armpit, vet at this time wants to cut it off. Im not good with this. It looks to me as an infected hotspot, but I'm not sure. Ive never seen anything like this . Any ideas? Its about two inches across, it bothers her if you mess with it. Ive been cleaning with iodine bath and mupirocin and anything else i have. I need help:unsure: image.jpg image.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH..... Lisa, any ideas? [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

flutrbyny

Sep 19, 2012
Laconia, New Hampshire, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassiopeia and Fernando
My Cassie had a similar sore like that and the vet said it was a hot spot. Gave me "Genta Spray". I sprayed it on her 2x a day for a few days and it stopped oozing and healed quickly after that. He said that hot spots need to be kept dry and the gentaspray dries quickly... It's a bad place for a hot spot - Cassie just got over another hot spot in her tail pocket...that took a month to heal.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ouch!!! Oh my, looks like it is completely opened up....and may require a stitch or two if you don't start to see some progress. Flushing it several times a day with the deluted iodine (or betadyne) will help, but from this view it looks like possibly the skin has torn open. I would also think spreading a good amount of panalog on it would help. If you can find a way to soak some gauze in the iodine solution and wrap it for a day or two I think that would help, but due to the location of it that could be tricky. Poor baby!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
angela

angela

Jun 18, 2011
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winny 2004-2015
Oh i have some of that spray, i'll use it.....thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you , me too

OP
angela

angela

Jun 18, 2011
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winny 2004-2015
Its not like a wound per se its more like an ulcer so stitching it together i don't think will work plus where its located she would pop it open:unsure: What do you think of vets advice? I will try to get some panalog all out now....any suggestions on how to keep dry?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Maude had a spot that looked like this, on her side. It was a spider bite. Try the panalog 3 times a day. Or neomyacin.

OP
angela

angela

Jun 18, 2011
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winny 2004-2015
Its been scraped and aspirated . Vet says they see nothing, but something is wrong.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It is definitely an infection of some sort, and possible a spider bite. I would not play around with it much. Did the vet give you any antibiotics? If it gets worse just a little bit, get her back to the vet and let him take care of it.

OP
angela

angela

Jun 18, 2011
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winny 2004-2015
Vet gave me ointment and another gave me wipes

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Its been scraped and aspirated . Vet says they see nothing, but something is wrong.

Maybe a second opinion at a different vet? Panalog will help as others have said, but I think you need an anitibotic on top of that

OP
angela

angela

Jun 18, 2011
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winny 2004-2015
Im traveling with her so I'm hitting it with everything i got and can buy, till i get to my vet. In Chicago....i'll keep updating..... Right now it looks a tad better, a little drier.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.