Ye Olde Neuter Discussion - with a twist?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I had a Bassett hound years ago and the vet told me if you start breeding him you better continue it because once you start he'll be "humping" everything in sight if you stop. Of course I was young and paid no attention. My neighbor had a female he was looking to breed and I let Wally my Bassett have at it and sure enough he was a humping hound after that. No leg was safe! I'm not sure of the health issue of never releasing though.
I know Dave @Casper has mentioned a few times here how he indulges his bullies...he says he announces " it's time for Rocky and Rambo's rub out " and they come running. You might want to consider a home visit from good old Dave to lend Baxter a hand. @ddnene @pdolphin27

ANDDDD… here we go again!!! LMAO!!! :jawdrop:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I was curious though. In human males, its a fairly well known fact that periodic "release" is not only enjoyable, its important for proper function of prostate and testicles.

I've read that it plays a role in "keeping things moving" down there, and wards off risks like prostate or testicular cancer.

Well not to be Rude, but *BULL@#&@* it is exactly that *BULL@#&@* And I say this as a Human Male, who went through Testicular Cancer at the age of 32. Let me ASSURE you 'Things kept moving down there' If your dog is Neutered then there is a ZERO percent chance of Testicular Cancer. Ya can't have cancer in something that has been removed from one's body. My apologies if I have offended anyone, but as someone who has personally experienced, this its a very sore subject, as ignorance in a man CAN BE DEADLY. I realize that links are not allowed in this forum... however... if you are man, or have a husband, son, uncle, nephew or KNOW any man -- I can not stress this website enough http://tcrc.acor.org/ The only defense in an EXTREMELY SURVIVABLE CANCER is *EDUCATION* I only wish that Testicular Cancer Awareness would get 1 hour of 1 day out of the entire Breast Cancer Awareness Month. *sorry, I'm off my soapbox now, I'm taking my sorry 49 year old butt to bed, its been a rough night at work*

Last edited by a moderator:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My nephew is 22 years old. At 20, it was discovered he had testicular cancer. It can happen to any man-or dog, if there are testicles. "release" or no "release".
I think it is a "macho" fear for a man who does not want to breed his dog, yet does not want to neuter.

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Definitely did not mean to imply that ejaculation eliminates cancer risk.
Only that the complete absence of ejaculation can lead to complications.
There are even studies (just read a brand new one the other day) supporting the position that *too much use* can result in increase risk of cancer.
They hypothesized that it may also mean the individual had higher androgen levels promoting significantly more frequent masturbation, and that it was not the masturbation, but the androgen levels which caused the problem.
Correlation does not equal causation, thats for sure.
So I am still of the position that complete lack of ejaculation is not healthy. Honestly it seems like common sense.
Moderation in everything...

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online