Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ye Olde Neuter Discussion - with a twist?

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ye Olde Neuter Discussion - with a twist?

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    Yeah I was asking because Im *not* comfortable doing it myself.
    Baxter already looks at me strange when I scratch his butt for him.

Can male dogs have sex with spayed females and no risk of pregnancy? lol .
    I was thinking maybe I could find him a girlfriend and let them go at it as often as they like.

Definitely glad to hear that its considered realistic to do the "release" thing yearly.
    My only other question is - why is once a year sufficient? Seems really insufficient.
    If anything, if I found a vet who was familiar with doing it, I would have it done once every 3 months minimum.

Just speaking as a guy ... you know lol ...

I once went to Bible College and didn't "sin" for nearly 3 months. Self sin. Lets just say everything shut down and got clogged up.
    Took some time to get things going again.
    Too much information? Just trying to make my case here lol ...

The reason why I wouldn't recommend you or anyone he knows doing it cos he might start acting strange with you... possibly possessive and needy

A spayed female wont let him mate, females only mate when in heat and since that doesn't occur in spayed dogs it's just not going to happen, lol.

It's good for them to release twice a year as that's the normal cycle of a female in heat. I don't think more is necessary, actually I think it will do more harm than help... behavior wise. If he's not getting his release he might possibly get aggression issues and get frustrated and destructive, and health wise it will do good for him too
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Well you could always have Baxter watch a video of MsButtersmom thread… seems like her dog had NO problem self-satisfying… if you know what-I-mean @Chumley

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

I had a Bassett hound years ago and the vet told me if you start breeding him you better continue it because once you start he'll be "humping" everything in sight if you stop. Of course I was young and paid no attention. My neighbor had a female he was looking to breed and I let Wally my Bassett have at it and sure enough he was a humping hound after that. No leg was safe! I'm not sure of the health issue of never releasing though.
    I know Dave @Casper has mentioned a few times here how he indulges his bullies...he says he announces " it's time for Rocky and Rambo's rub out " and they come running. You might want to consider a home visit from good old Dave to lend Baxter a hand. @ddnene @pdolphin27

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    I had a Bassett hound years ago and the vet told me if you start breeding him you better continue it because once you start he'll be "humping" everything in sight if you stop. Of course I was young and paid no attention. My neighbor had a female he was looking to breed and I let Wally my Bassett have at it and sure enough he was a humping hound after that. No leg was safe! I'm not sure of the health issue of never releasing though.
    I know Dave @Casper has mentioned a few times here how he indulges his bullies...he says he announces " it's time for Rocky and Rambo's rub out " and they come running. You might want to consider a home visit from good old Dave to lend Baxter a hand. @ddnene @pdolphin27
    ANDDDD… here we go again!!! LMAO!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post

I was curious though. In human males, its a fairly well known fact that periodic "release" is not only enjoyable, its important for proper function of prostate and testicles.

I've read that it plays a role in "keeping things moving" down there, and wards off risks like prostate or testicular cancer.
    Well not to be Rude, but *BULL@#&@* it is exactly that *BULL@#&@* And I say this as a Human Male, who went through Testicular Cancer at the age of 32. Let me ASSURE you 'Things kept moving down there' If your dog is Neutered then there is a ZERO percent chance of Testicular Cancer. Ya can't have cancer in something that has been removed from one's body. My apologies if I have offended anyone, but as someone who has personally experienced, this its a very sore subject, as ignorance in a man CAN BE DEADLY. I realize that links are not allowed in this forum... however... if you are man, or have a husband, son, uncle, nephew or KNOW any man -- I can not stress this website enough http://tcrc.acor.org/ The only defense in an EXTREMELY SURVIVABLE CANCER is *EDUCATION* I only wish that Testicular Cancer Awareness would get 1 hour of 1 day out of the entire Breast Cancer Awareness Month. *sorry, I'm off my soapbox now, I'm taking my sorry 49 year old butt to bed, its been a rough night at work*
    Last edited by dolphin; 03-14-2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: address correction

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

My nephew is 22 years old. At 20, it was discovered he had testicular cancer. It can happen to any man-or dog, if there are testicles. "release" or no "release".
    I think it is a "macho" fear for a man who does not want to breed his dog, yet does not want to neuter.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Baxter Tiberius

Definitely did not mean to imply that ejaculation eliminates cancer risk.
    Only that the complete absence of ejaculation can lead to complications.
    There are even studies (just read a brand new one the other day) supporting the position that *too much use* can result in increase risk of cancer.
    They hypothesized that it may also mean the individual had higher androgen levels promoting significantly more frequent masturbation, and that it was not the masturbation, but the androgen levels which caused the problem.
    Correlation does not equal causation, thats for sure.
    So I am still of the position that complete lack of ejaculation is not healthy. Honestly it seems like common sense.
    Moderation in everything...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads