Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bicep Tendon inflammation! Got cortisone shot and Valium pills... Question, has anyone experience with Valium?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bicep Tendon inflammation! Got cortisone shot and Valium pills... Question, has anyone experience with Valium?

I have given Banks Xanax for anxiety, we are told to give her half-pill, but the half does nothing for her... the whole sends her into a sleep so I now, only when going for LONG car rides give her 3/4 of the pill.

Best of luck with your baby.... hope all goes well and she heals up quick
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bicep Tendon inflammation! Got cortisone shot and Valium pills... Question, has anyone experience with Valium?

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    What mg is it? Vegas has 5mg tabs that he use to get twice daily for seizures. When he clusters....he gets 30mg rectally in a liquid. I wouldn't hesitate to give it to her. I often give it to Vegas when he's stressed. It's also known here as diazepam. It comes as a 2mg, 5mg and 10mg. OR injectable.
    As far as I can understand this is the 5mg one... I saw there is PAX-2, PAX-5 and PAX-10 and we got the PAX-5. She walks much better this morning and I just gave her a whole tablet. She was prescribed 1 pill a day for 5 days, I hope by the end of it she'll be back to walking normal again It's just a bit hard to tell as she's still not walking completely normal on the back leg she had operated for Hip Dysplasia... but I can tell there is a difference already. Feeling better giving it to her knowing it helps lill Vegas
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Oh, and I saw it is the Diazepam one, so it's the same kind as you have.

Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I have given Banks Xanax for anxiety, we are told to give her half-pill, but the half does nothing for her... the whole sends her into a sleep so I now, only when going for LONG car rides give her 3/4 of the pill.

Best of luck with your baby.... hope all goes well and she heals up quick
    Oh, so I might expect Boeboe to be much sleepier than yesterday then I guess... Thank you for the well wishes

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Im so sorry hun to hear about Boeboe -You got great advice -Diszepam type will help with relaxing her muscles but as other stated will make her sleepy -i hope she gets better soon hun xxxxx
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    Im so sorry hun to hear about Boeboe -You got great advice -Diszepam type will help with relaxing her muscles but as other stated will make her sleepy -i hope she gets better soon hun xxxxx
    Thank you Pati I expected Boeboe to be very relaxed today after getting her full dose but she's not I hope it still has the relaxing effect on the muscles the vet wanted... I guess we just have to wait and see. Last time the Cortisone shot was enough so I'm hoping it will do the trick this time as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads