RUNNY NOSE

MommyOfCali

Jan 11, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cali
Hi everyone! My cali girl has a runny nose! We know she is just fine as her temperament is as cooky as always! Lol. Does anyone have any over the counter recommendations to help stop the boogies? We are trying to avoid running to the vet for every runny nose, bump and bruise. It sure does add up!! ($$) any suggestions would be great. Thanks! :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
If it's clear, then it's allergies… you can give her Benadryl or Zyrtec for that. If it's discolored, or if she has a cough, discharge from the eyes, then she will need to see the vet.

OP
M

MommyOfCali

Jan 11, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cali
If it's clear, then it's allergies… you can give her Benadryl or Zyrtec for that. If it's discolored, or if she has a cough, discharge from the eyes, then she will need to see the vet.

thank you so much for your reply!! its clear! we will go to cvs, which one do you recommend? for kids? adults? liquid/pill/chewable?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
not chewable, the pink pill kind, 1 25 mg pill per 25lbs of dog. We buy the 50mg pills (because i take them too) and give Lola 1 pill at a time because she is 50 lbs.
we buy generic brand, but I make sure there are no other added ingredients, medicinal or otherwise.
:)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
not chewable, the pink pill kind, 1 25 mg pill per 25lbs of dog. We buy the 50mg pills (because i take them too) and give Lola 1 pill at a time because she is 50 lbs.
we buy generic brand, but I make sure there are no other added ingredients, medicinal or otherwise.
:)

Thanks for answering, I was out all day!!! :D

B

Baxter Tiberius

[MENTION=10810]MommyOfCali[/MENTION] keep in mind, runny noses come and go with this breed (at least with Baxter) due to tons of innocent, temporary things. One minute his nose is try, the next minute he was sniffing something and its soaking wet running. So I wouldn't automatically drug them up with allergy medications. Unless its definitely an all day thing and its getting all over, and they are sneezing / slobbering nonstop because of it. If its intermittent, I would just wipe the nose and go on with the day.

-B-

OP
M

MommyOfCali

Jan 11, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cali
@MommyOfCali keep in mind, runny noses come and go with this breed (at least with Baxter) due to tons of innocent, temporary things. One minute his nose is try, the next minute he was sniffing something and its soaking wet running. So I wouldn't automatically drug them up with allergy medications. Unless its definitely an all day thing and its getting all over, and they are sneezing / slobbering nonstop because of it. If its intermittent, I would just wipe the nose and go on with the day.

-B-
Okay thank you so much!!!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks like everyone has given you some great advice. :2thumbs:

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
My Bodie has had a runny nose his entire life!! Vet told us too that its nothing to worry about unless its greenish! Green usually means infection. Bodie also ALWAYS has greyish eye boogies too, I mean all the time, constantly wiping his eyes off.

BullyLove!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.