Help Needed! Busted Blood vessel?

paigeh79

Mar 1, 2014
Ive had my baby for 2 weeks and the day we picked him up I noticed one big dark red blood vessel in his right eye. The whites of his eyes are perfectly white, it doesn't water & he has no discharge. So Aside from it looking bad, his eyes & eye sight seem perfect. I thought it would go away on its own but 2 weeks later it's still there, as big & red as ever. Today I noticed he now has one in his left eye that wasnt there before. Is there a reason for this, is it normal, should I be concerned or will it go away on its own?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Do you have a picture of it? I had a simular situation with Amber as a pup and took her to the vet and they were able to give me an ointment to put in the eye and luckily the problem was resolved for us but they did mention at the time if the muscles didn't strength up she could be a candidate for surgery, it wasn't necessary because we didn't have cherry eye and the muscles did strengthen up. I could be an eye infection too but if your not sure the vet is your best option. I am a freak with our bullies so if they even sneeze the wrong way they are in for a trip to the vet. Amber has an appointment tomorrow for a discoloration under her fur; not anything major but I know it is there and it bothers me. Good luck, I hope all works out.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would have to see a pic of it. Have you shown it to a vet to see what they think?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agreed... a picture will helps us. any update?

OP
paigeh79

paigeh79

Mar 1, 2014
I'm still struggling to get one. Since he almost always refuses to pose for me and you can only see it when he looks to the left or up, it has been an impossible task. Thank you anyway, if I'm ever able tho get one I will post it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Most Reactions