Allergies or Cold?

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
First off let be begin by saying I will be calling the vet this morning, but wanted to see what others experiences have been. We have two EBs, Utley who is 2 years old and Bella who is 10 weeks old. We have experienced allergies with Utley and keep him on Benadryl, once a day. Some of his allergies in the past required medicine from the vet. Utley had pneumonia when he was a young pup so anytime he sounds bad I always want to make sure we confirm if it's allergies or if he has a cold. We got Bella 2 weeks ago today. Utley had already been looking like he was having allergy issues. We took both of them to the vet the day after we got Bella. Utley just for his nails trimmed and Bella had her first visit to the vet. Utley already had red eyes at this point, but nothing else. The vet didn't say anything about it. Now Utley's eyes aren't red, but his nose is running and he sounds congested or flemmy when he is sleeping. He hasn't been acting different other than a little jealous of Bella. They play a lot through out the day so I wouldn't say he his sleeping any more than usual. He's sneezed a little bit, but I have noticed Bella sneezing too. Bella got sick once, not much and was fine right after, even ate all her dinner. She got sick another time after drinking water but I think it was from playing to soon with Utley. How do I know of they both have a cold or just allergies. Is there any way to tell the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sorry for the late response.... but how are the kids doing?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Most of the time it is allergies that bother them. If they have phlegm coming from their nose when they sneeze or a runny nose that is more than usual then they could have an infection of the upper respirator track and needs a vets attention for some meds. I hope they are doing better now.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online