My baby girl eye is irritated :(

christinamdo416

Feb 21, 2014
Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
AJ
I just got my 9 week old bully last week and the past couple days her left eye has been pink, squints, and now itchy. It's a clear discharge and she also has a runny nose with a clear discharge too. I am really thinking it's from something I have been cleaning around the house (i put arm and hammer baking powder right before i vacuumed the other day for the first time around her so that could be the cause I'm thinking) and she sure loves to get her nose in everything!! My car broke down a couple days ago so I can't take her to the vet now so I was wondering if there any home remedies I can do to help her and that way when my car is done from the mechanic shop I can take her next week (I need a new engine so yeah I'm not having a good week lol). I am thinking it is all due to allergies from that (due to the runny nose and all). I live where busses aren't available and yes, if I thought it was an emergency I would call up ANYONE to come and take us to the vet but I don't think it is just yet. I just think it bothers her and I don't want her to be bothered. I know its one of those those that you have to wait to take its course but I hate watching her be bothered lol. Thank you all for any suggestions!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Clear discharge -all i can think of is normal for clear tears to run -but depends also how much of tearing .when you see gunk -green stuff then i would worry ,also have you checked her eye if anything didn't get stuck/fall in it?
What do you feed your bully if i can ask? Any changes of washing powder, floor cleaner etc ?
Also you could go on the buss to get your pup to the vet if you are concerned

OP
christinamdo416

christinamdo416

Feb 21, 2014
Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
AJ
Yea I think its from when I put baking powder on the floor before i vacuumed the other day. Thanks for your suggestion :)

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
The squinting of the eye could be from an inverted eyelash. Duchess did this also on and off from that age and we finally got it properly diagnosed around 18 months and had cryosurgery to correct the problem.

OP
christinamdo416

christinamdo416

Feb 21, 2014
Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
AJ
I am going to monitor her eye the next couple days to see if it improves before taking her to the vet. Thank you for your suggestion :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with watching her for a couple days... maybe even next vet visit mention it and have them check to make sure her lashes are OK

OP
christinamdo416

christinamdo416

Feb 21, 2014
Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
AJ
Sorry I have been so busy with my baby girl!! She did end up having pink eye in both eyes. I gave her drops for a couple days and she is back to normal :) all is well!!! She sure is a handful haha. Take care everyone and god bless!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.