Help... Sores on her belly:(

misskelliebrooke

Jul 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Im in tears as I write this tonight, I feel like if its not one thing its another with my poor baby... But this time She has little red sores on her belly. Some get pussy and scab over others kinda turn black and scab over and the others just stay as a red mark (they dont seem to bother her she doesnt scratch or lick them)... I thought it might of been from the snow and grass... Since we moved from Arizona and she isnt use too it... but since the snow has melted its gotten worse, I assume its the grass but really have no idea??? Ive been watching them and wiping her belly down after i take her outside and i thought they were getting better until tonight when i randomly saw her scratching... WHICH SHE DOES NOT DO! and i look and one of the little sores she scratched open and now its a inflamed big sore.... I FEEL SO AWFUL IVE BEEN VERY DILIGENT WITH WATCHING THEM AND CLEANING HER SO IF ANY ONE HAS ANY THOUGHTS, REMADIES OR ADVICE THAT WOULD BE GREAT?!!!

Attachments

• peeps.jpg
    peeps.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 178
  • peepss.jpg
    peepss.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 167

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im so sorry your baby is not well , im not sure what are you feeding her? Also have you changed anything recently -washing powder , even carpet?
It could be anything -but my best shot is allergy related
We usually use medicated shampoo combined with witchhazel & Benadyl , tropical ointments are also very good but i think you should let the vet look at this -sometimes they prescribe steroids to help relieve from the itch and help clear op the spots
I hope your baby feel better soon x please keep us updated x

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
hmm. they look a little random to me. Like they could be bug bites, but the second picture looks a little like a hotspot, which normally happens in the fur covered areas. Is this a new breakout? or are these recurring? I would keep them clean, dry and perhaps a few times a day hit them with triple antibiotic ointment (just a small amount). Its not really in an area that your bully can scratch at them. But I'm sure they're not comfortable. Id wash all the bedding and put a clean sheet down on the furniture that she lays on. Just to keep something smooth and clean against her. sorry your having problems…I hope someone else chimes in. Its not uncommon for one of us to have seen the same exact thing before.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can you post a closer picture.... the second shot looks like a hotspot, but the belly I can not make out. As Pati stated, it could be anything even the carpet. Where did you move to?

I would do witch hazel cleaning and try to keep the area dry

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I don't have any advice just wanted to say I am sorry for the both of you and hope your baby feels better real soon .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Thats a staph infection. Its from allergies. Lola used to get it all the time, all over. We did an allergy test and found that she is highly allergic to grass, mold, dust, cotton, and black ants (of all things). She was on prednasone until she began getting desensitization vaccines. They seem to be working.
Unfortunately, when its as bad as in the pics, you will need to get antibiotics from the vet. It will cure it but if your dog maintains contact with the allergen it will present again as soon as the antibiotics run out. Your vet might her put on prednasone to keep from breaking out, but that is short term.
Here is an article I found that might help in understanding what it is.
http://voices.yahoo.com/signs-treatments-staph-infections-dogs-8556591.html?cat=53

DermaBenss is the best shampoo I have used thus far that has really worked with the pustules:
http://www.amazon.com/DermaPet-Benz...F8&qid=1394415234&sr=1-3&keywords=derma+benss

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.