Bulldog daily check up

sarge03

Aug 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola.
Awesome information!!! I am a new owner and this is the first time ever owning a dog. The tips you provided are absolutely helpful!!!

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Awesome information!!! I am a new owner and this is the first time ever owning a dog. The tips you provided are absolutely helpful!!!

Fantastic im glad this is useful for you :-)

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Thank you great advice as I'm a new baby bully owner :)

Violet

Jan 28, 2015
uk
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Chopper
What do you use for the teeth cleaning is it pet toothpaste or is there not a thing like this please help

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
You can use pet tooth paste , i give mine dentastix daily as i did with any other dog and they never had any dental problems

Violet

Jan 28, 2015
uk
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Chopper
Is it healthy when the nose is very wet then

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Thank You Patti, this is Wonderful Information, this helps me a lot with My Elmo.

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
We have a new puppy and he has got redish skin that has shown up near his eye and around his mouth area. I noticed this was one of your checklists, but it doesnt say what to do if this is the case. Any suggestions? We are worried it is an allergic reaction to the cottage cheese we were giving him (helps with joints from what we were told). Any and all help would be appreciated

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have a new puppy and he has got redish skin that has shown up near his eye and around his mouth area. I noticed this was one of your checklists, but it doesnt say what to do if this is the case. Any suggestions? We are worried it is an allergic reaction to the cottage cheese we were giving him (helps with joints from what we were told). Any and all help would be appreciated

With a puppy it could just be normal from playing/eating --- can you post a picture?

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
Yes, the only thing that made us worry was that his left eye looked a tad bit swollen and he was being more clingly as of late. We just noticed it a day ago and this will be the third day. We stopped feeding him the food yesterday and it seemed to go down today.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/34902-signs-allergies-dogs.html

Was the thread I was reading that made me worried it might be an allergy. There is some small bumps (almost like acne) that started to show up but all that within one day seemed rather crazy. I figured that was part of his growing but again have no clue. I will show you a picture shortly. At work and unable to get one just yet.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, the only thing that made us worry was that his left eye looked a tad bit swollen and he was being more clingly as of late. We just noticed it a day ago and this will be the third day. We stopped feeding him the food yesterday and it seemed to go down today.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/34902-signs-allergies-dogs.html

Was the thread I was reading that made me worried it might be an allergy. There is some small bumps (almost like acne) that started to show up but all that within one day seemed rather crazy. I figured that was part of his growing but again have no clue. I will show you a picture shortly. At work and unable to get one just yet.

It's definitely the season for allergies but Christine is right when she says that they can get that way from playing. When you can post a pic please do.

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
2015-04-23.jpg2015-04-233.jpg

I have attached two pictures. Here is a list of possible things:

1) Fed him cottage cheese for joints
2) Fed him a turkey treat (we stopped this after we noticed it had turkey in it)
3) He chews on a palm tree outside when going potty some times. I never let him chew on it, normally run over and stop him, but contact does happen.
4) We found one flee on him about a week ago but removed and killed it. Checked for eggs and other things but have noticed nothing.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
View attachment 86580View attachment 86581

I have attached two pictures. Here is a list of possible things:

1) Fed him cottage cheese for joints
2) Fed him a turkey treat (we stopped this after we noticed it had turkey in it)
3) He chews on a palm tree outside when going potty some times. I never let him chew on it, normally run over and stop him, but contact does happen.
4) We found one flee on him about a week ago but removed and killed it. Checked for eggs and other things but have noticed nothing.

I think he looks great! It might always be a little pink because of his whiteness, he is a DOLL! OMG! I would try switching out the cottage cheese for a tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt and see if that will help, it's a great probiotic too. He really is adorabull.

riuthamus

Apr 22, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Drogo
Thanks for the kind words. We love him and are very happy with him. He is so smart and for being so young has already learned a lot. My favorite is when he stands like a show dog, he does it all on his own depending on the situation. Really love this little guy and very happy we made the choice to get an english bulldog.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree, he is adorable, and his skin is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online