Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi guys i thought i share with you what i have always done with my girls -what i like to call "a mini check up "

1) nose -even tho most bulldogs have a naturally dry nose make sure it is not cracking ,make sure nose rope is clean and doesn't smell (this could indicate yeast infection)

2) eyes -they should be nice clear eyes with no gunk ,redness or swelling- if you notice any redness or inflammation it could be signs of allergy or infection

3) ears- clean and odour free ears are a sign of a healthy bully -we clean them once a week ,but check their general condition daily -ears full of wax ,smelly or red could be sign of infection ,allergy ,or mites

4) gums - gums of your bully should be pink -if you notice them going pale contact your vet -pale gums are indication that something isn't right - it could be nothing serious but worth checking

5) chin -oh the bully chin -make sure it is dry at all times ,not red with no signs of acne

6) wrinkles and folds -the big 3 : check daily ,wipe clean & keep them dry

7) skin and coat -bully coat should be soft and shiny , skin free from "flakes" , spots and hotspots , check for any lumps and bumps ,also don't forget checking for any signs of fleas and ticks Daily brushing will help keep those stray hair at bay ,

8) " bits and bobs " check ALL intimate areas and wipe clean daily -most of bulldogs if not all cant clean themselves , check for any signs of redness and spots , any unusual discharge . If your bully got a tail pocket don't forget to wipe it clean ,once in a while your bully anal glands might need expressing if you cant do it yourself make sure you have suitable person who will take care of this stinky business ;-)

9) paws -check in between paws for any redness ,cysts ,also pads for any cuts and splinters ,make sure your bully nails are trimmed

10 ) weight -chubby bully is an unhealthily bully -monitor your dog weight , you need to feel the ribs with GENTLE pressure not see them ,bullies also should have waist ;-)

25ptlpc.jpg

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This is GREAT, my own personal check list! Thank you :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great info Pati :2thumbs:

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys xx thought it might be some use to new members xx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Excellent!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Nice! Gonna make this a checklist for the Diva! ❤️🐾

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad you like it xx

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
This is great! Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BullyWyatt

Mar 2, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
What do you use for bully acne on their chin if they do get it [MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION]? I ask as our pup has it all over his chin. I am currently using Dr.Maggie which is an edible polysporin. He doesn't like it as I think it stings a it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
What do you use for bully acne on their chin if they do get it @Pati Robins? I ask as our pup has it all over his chin. I am currently using Dr.Maggie which is an edible polysporin. He doesn't like it as I think it stings a it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we only use witch hazel , and make sure Lilly chin is dry after she had a drink -we went through puppy acne -but now Lilly is almost 1 and it all gone xx

BullyWyatt

Mar 2, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
So it's something they grow out of? Or is it that they get it more as a puppy? Just curious. And what is Witch Hazel? I live in Ontario Canada and I haven't heard of it and neither has my vet which she has bulldogs herself. Is it safe if Wyatt was to lick/ingest some?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.