Help Needed! Bodie started bleeding from his penis tonight...

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Oh wow! Sorry, I got a new phone and wasn't getting my notifications, so I just saw your post...I know that Bodie's first surgery was just a minimal surgery also, they massaged the prolapsed tissue back in and stitched it, then the second surgery, 4 months later, was much more invasive, he too was bleeding heavily, almost like there was a blood vessel squirting it out everywhere. So, the cut the prolapsed tissue off completely and put in a couple stitches, but after both of his surgeries, there was no more bleeding, I mean the days following the surgery. He has started to bleed on a couple different occasions since his last surgery, when he was only 7 months old, also neutered at that time, but they've not been full prolapses and the bleeding is only one or two instances in a couple days span. So, vet didn't want to do surgery since it wasn't bad. Neither did we! Bodie will stress out sometimes and it always leads to bleeding. Idk why he stresses out, he just does...
Thank you for all the info and support. This condition is fairly rare, supposedly only seen in male EB's, and it's 1 in every 10,000, so us lucky people who pick the "special" bullies need to help each other out!!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So Sorry for you both. Sounds really like a nightmare. My boy has had stones and a few operation in that area, so I know bleeding from penis...
btw prolapsed urethra can occur in other dog breeds as well, and cats.

flybarnes

Jun 10, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louis
My son's dog Louie has had the same issue over and over again. He's taken him to numerous vets and the top veterinary college in Michigan and they have no idea how to fix it. Good luck with Bodie and hopefully we'll get an answer sooner than later.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.