Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 21 of 21

Thread: yeast

  1. #13
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: yeast

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2a82...8#.UxZDdfldWcC

    i apologize the website stretched the video :[ but you can still kind of see it. i didnt know hot to get it from my phone to my comp because ive been trying to avoid downloading itunes

    Boy she's cute, it's almost like she's playing with them and wont swallow them. I'm sorry, maybe she'll get used to them. She really is a good looking girl.

  2. #14
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: yeast

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    Boy she's cute, it's almost like she's playing with them and wont swallow them. I'm sorry, maybe she'll get used to them. She really is a good looking girl.
    haha i hope so! and thank you so much!


  3. #15
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Clayton, NC
    Posts
    988
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)
    68

    Default Re: yeast

    I freeze our green beans cut about an inch and a half and the dogs love them.


    Doug

  4. #16
    Bulldog Walker BodiesMom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    252
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)
    80

    Default Re: yeast

    Bananas, apples,& carrots are great treats too! She may LOVE the crawfish treats, but if she's anything like most other bullies, I'm sure she is, she'll LOVE anything u give her as a treat!! The main thing w/yeast is wetness! Yeast grow in moist, wet, dark places. Try to keep all her areas as dry as u possibly can, my vet gave me a powder, Neo-Predef, it's great for sprinkling on those dark wet areas to soak up any moisture and keeping it dry. Also, I read about an apple cider vinegar/peroxide mixture. I've not tried it, always just used a wipe that contains chlorhexidine, ketaconazole, miconazole, boric acid, acetic acid...none will include all of these things, but these are examples of ingredients that usually help w/yeast.
    To be honest, yeast is an ongoing battle, at least it has been for Bodie. We recently switched his food AGAIN, it's only been a couple months so I've not seen great results yet, however, it could take 6-8mos to see results when switching foods, and for the nutrients to start taking effect.
    Anyway, I hope your baby starts to get better and hopefully some/any of this info helps!!


    BullyLove!!!
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

  5. #17
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: yeast

    Quote Originally Posted by BodiesMom View Post
    Bananas, apples,& carrots are great treats too! She may LOVE the crawfish treats, but if she's anything like most other bullies, I'm sure she is, she'll LOVE anything u give her as a treat!! The main thing w/yeast is wetness! Yeast grow in moist, wet, dark places. Try to keep all her areas as dry as u possibly can, my vet gave me a powder, Neo-Predef, it's great for sprinkling on those dark wet areas to soak up any moisture and keeping it dry. Also, I read about an apple cider vinegar/peroxide mixture. I've not tried it, always just used a wipe that contains chlorhexidine, ketaconazole, miconazole, boric acid, acetic acid...none will include all of these things, but these are examples of ingredients that usually help w/yeast.
    To be honest, yeast is an ongoing battle, at least it has been for Bodie. We recently switched his food AGAIN, it's only been a couple months so I've not seen great results yet, however, it could take 6-8mos to see results when switching foods, and for the nutrients to start taking effect.
    Anyway, I hope your baby starts to get better and hopefully some/any of this info helps!!


    BullyLove!!!
    so yesterday I gave her a bath. I used an oatmeal aloe shampoo and an antibacterial anti fungal conditioner. then i rinsed her with the apple cider vinegar mixed with water. and gave her 2 tablespoons of yogurt which i will give her once a day. and spray her twice a day with the vinegar mix with water. I saw on a site this would help. Now I have noticed on her neck its not AS dark already which is good. But BOY does she stink!!! i wish there was a better alternative :[ I did not switch her food yet. but i did stop giving her treats and am giving her peas which she seems to like. just takes her awhile to eat. Im crossing my fingers that this will all help and go away soon!


  6. #18
    Bulldog Walker BodiesMom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    252
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)
    80

    Default Re: yeast

    Awesome!! I'm sure she doesn't smell very good, however, I'd take the vinegar smell over the yeast smell any day!!! Glad she's starting to look better, good luck!


    BullyLove!!!
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

  7. #19
    Dog Groomer Sharon Mitchel's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Port Townsend, Washington, United States
    Posts
    521
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Default Re: yeast

    I wasn't able to open your video on my iPad (I'm finding it to be very limiting when on this site through tapa talk). That said, I agree with others. Yeast is an ongoing problem that takes a tremendous amount of discipline/diligence to keep in check. Instead of vinegar spray, you can also use lotrimin anti-fungal spray. I don't remember it smelling horrible. I've also used their cream on smaller spots.

    I also agree veggies are great treats. Charley likes sugar snap peas, green beans, carrots, apples, bananas, pear (his favorite!) and winter squash. He's also content to have a bite of his kibble. Best wishes. We're in this together!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #20
    Pet Sitter agentbunny's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    360
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: yeast

    Does it smell like yeast? I know that dogs with a yeast infection smell like corn chips. I read an article written by a vet somewhere on this site that recommended a solution of hydrogen peroxide, vinegar and water as a foot soak. I forgot the ratios though. I also now you should not use oatmeal (yeast feeds on oatmeal) shampoo or feed anything with grains or sugars (like pumpkin). Does she have allergies? Also, I have had very good luck with DermaBen SS shampoo. It is the only benzoyl peroxide shampoo available that I know of and works for any skin condition. I get mine from Amazon.

  9. #21
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: yeast

    Quote Originally Posted by agentbunny View Post
    Does it smell like yeast? I know that dogs with a yeast infection smell like corn chips. I read an article written by a vet somewhere on this site that recommended a solution of hydrogen peroxide, vinegar and water as a foot soak. I forgot the ratios though. I also now you should not use oatmeal (yeast feeds on oatmeal) shampoo or feed anything with grains or sugars (like pumpkin). Does she have allergies? Also, I have had very good luck with DermaBen SS shampoo. It is the only benzoyl peroxide shampoo available that I know of and works for any skin condition. I get mine from Amazon.
    oh yikes :[ i will keep that in mind next time we give her a bath. and i havnt noticed any smell on her at all. I know when I first got her she REAKED but I figured it was the new puppy smell. But i dont notice any foul odor on her anymore


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •