The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Prayers coming you way. Did the vet give a prognosis or is it still wait and see for now?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
K

KyliesDaddy

Mar 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Wait and see, I misheard my finacee, they gave us meds to give him for 48 hours, and see if he does any better.

Prayers coming you way. Did the vet give a prognosis or is it still wait and see for now?

OP
K

KyliesDaddy

Mar 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Not sure on the chances, from what i heard if it is for sure fluid on the brain, Surgery will be the only option, and i heard thats only 50/50. Hoping these meds will cure what ever it and fast.

Thinking of you! What are his chances of coming out of this and being just fine? Is that even possible?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Not sure on the chances, from what i heard if it is for sure fluid on the brain, Surgery will be the only option, and i heard thats only 50/50. Hoping these meds will cure what ever it and fast.

Me too. I praying hard for your little man and your family!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
They can give him a cocktail of meds that includes diuretics to bring the fluid down… sometimes it DOES work but it takes time, I'm surprised he's only giving you 48 hrs for that. Did he do an ultrasound on his head?

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Thats awful. Please keep good vet records and and once your dog is properly diagnosed, have the vet write his findings in a report that includes the fact that the condition is congenital. I am not sure how you sue someone out of state, especially in small claims, but I know you can do a lot to their reputation by notifying the BBB, ripoff report, Yelp, and other sites created for rating businesses. The most important thing is for your pup to be OK though. What a nightmare. I'm so sorry.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope the medication works and he gets better. Please keep us posted. Lots of prayers coming your way for Dozer. Get better Buddy.

OP
K

KyliesDaddy

Mar 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
As of right now, He is 90% more responsive. He holds his head up while walking, and actually stay still and let you pet him, and look at at you. he still paces back and fourth, but the holding the head up, and staying still while being petted is a major plus.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww so glad to hear this. Crossing fingers and everything else that he keeps improving and the medication works. I'll look for updates on how he's doing. Keep fighting Dozer.

OP
K

KyliesDaddy

Mar 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Another quick update, We let him walk around the livingroom for a little bit, He sniffed almost everything! Played a little, and we put him back in the hallway to rest till his next dose of medicine. Looking good so far, but i know things can change in a flash, keep up with the prayers for the dozer man!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
My Prayers are with Dozer and his Family, I Pray this Precious Guy will get well. My thoughts and Prayers are with You. Susan Moore

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
hang in there Dozer boy lots of people here are cheering you on. keeping fingers crossed and being very positive for you and the little man.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Glad to hear he is showing some response to the meds. Keeping my fingers crossed that he continues to get better.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.