Help Needed! My baby girl just passed away and I cant understand why?

FrankieP

Mar 3, 2014
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
My baby Rosie was only 4 months and suddenly passed away of what the vet said was cause by heart failure. Im hurting really bad about it because she was so young and I to all the nessary steps to ensure she was healty and happy. I always knew that this was a possiblilty given the nature of the breed but I never expected her to go at such a young age. I just want to know if anyone has ever heard of any similar storys. Im just trying to figure out why she passed at such a young age. Thank you in advance.

Jack G

Feb 11, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Very sorry to hear that awful news...
I know how you feel because my pup died of an intestinal torsion in January and she was only 11 weeks old.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this news. It was probably a birth defect and I'm sure you did all you could to ensure Rosie was a happy and healthy loved baby while she was here with you. This is heartbreaking and we don't understand why such tragic stuff happens, we just have to believe there is a reason for everything even though we don't understand it at the time it happens. I will pray for you and your family at this difficult time.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHi Frankie, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss of your sweet baby Rosie. I can't imagine the pain, heartache, and grief you are feeling of losing her. We treat our babies like our family, and we love them with all our hearts, they definetely take a piece of our hearts with them when they go. You mentioned that you did everything to keep her happy and healthy, and you did. Please, please don't blame yourself for this, it isn't anything you did. We all do our best by our babies, and sometimes it's out of our of hands. Puppies are so vulnerable, and sometimes things happen to them, that are beyond our control. Did the vet say what caused her heart failure?, Was it possibly a heart condition she may have been born with?
Have you spoken with the breeder, and does she have a guarantee for her puppies? Not that this will bring back Rosie, but if her puppy was born with a heart or birth defect, she should be either refunding your money, or replace your puppy. I hope you get the answers as to what happened to her from the vet or breeder. There are never any words we can say to make your pain or grief better, only time will do that. I understand how it feels to lose a beloved pet, my Jack Russell passed away 3 years ago, and I still miss her. Just know that we are all here for you, if you need to talk, vent, or just need someone to listen. We all grieve for our lost bullies, and we grieve with you as well. I feel so sad for you, and I'm so sorry. Sending love, hugs, and prayers your way.

keystnlabs

Dec 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agatha Gump
Been in this very same dark place. Love to you and your wonderful memories of Rosie.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry Frankie..... it is not just Bulldog this can happen to, when dealig with the heart it can be any breed. So incredibly sorry for your pain and sudden loos of your sweet girl.

hugs and many prayers to you

I lost my boy to heart failure at the age of 7, no reason or signs as to why or what, he just had one very bad day and passed without knowing why he was so sick that one day.

:hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for your loss. I'm surprised the vet did not detect a heart problem at an earlier visit. So sad, your pup was too young to go to the bridge. May he rest in peace.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm so sorry that this happened, she was way to young. :(

OP
F

FrankieP

Mar 3, 2014
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Thanks everyone for the support. Everytime she had gone to the Vet they gave us nothing but positive news about her health, so this was very unexpected. Thanks again for all the well wishes. Its helping with me cope with the loss and helping me understand why this happend. I will post a couple pix of here when i can.

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
I'm so sorry to hear about Rosie! Way to young to cross over. RIP Baby Rosie!!

I would definitely contact your breeder and let her know what happened. It won't bring Rosie back but like other have said she should refund your money or give you another puppy.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Frankie, I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your precious baby Rosie. I have lost several dogs this year, so I completely understand what you are going thru. I agree w/others that you should contact your breeder and let them know what happened, sometimes these things just happen and we never find out why. Sending hugs & prayers to you and your family… :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online