How did your bully heal after surgery?

Feb 6, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Piggy
Anyone on here have entropian surgery on their bully baby? Miss piggy just got hers and I'm curious as to when they will fully heal. She had 2 eye ulcers from the rolled eyelids so I'm praying this cures them! Back to the vet in 13 days so she can remove the stitches and check on things. Her eyes are lookin pretty rough but I know it's only the first day after surgery so that's expected!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Here's some pictures of Boeboe before and after her operation.

This one is just before her first op, she didn't really want to open her eyes completely and they were very teary and had that cloudy look:(
515.jpg
This one is from the day she came home after having had her first operation at that vet I told you about, the one I think screwed up and that's why she needed to have corrective surgery. She looked horrible and I just wanted to cry. The recovery went pretty well considering she's had 4 operations. I actually can't remember how long it took for each time to heal... but the stitched came out after 14 days and as far as I can remember she looked good after that:)
533.jpg
This picture is after she's had all her operations and she's healed, you can only see the little holes after the stitches.
676.jpg
And this last picture is very recent, no sign of her having had operations ever:) She still has some "snot" as I call it, but her eyes are clear and doesn't tear nearly as much:)
20140210_095219.jpg

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Beautiful Bully BoeBoe, I am having Elmo's eyes done in May, Vet says he needs Entropian surgery. I am nervous about Elmo having this done, but I know his eyes will be all better after his surgery is over. Susan Moore

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Beautiful Bully BoeBoe, I am having Elmo's eyes done in May, Vet says he needs Entropian surgery. I am nervous about Elmo having this done, but I know his eyes will be all better after his surgery is over. Susan Moore

Hi Susan:) I just want to share with you the mistakes we made with Boeboe... firstly we put our trust in a vet we didn't know or had any experience of, we had just moved and got a recommendation to use him. I'll never use any other vet than our original ever again no matter how far away we move. We took Boeboe to our original vet so he could correct the mistakes made on her first operation as the vet who did it refused to admit she still had problems:(

Also during the first operation the vet said she got sick cos she still had food/water in her tummy, we had taken the food and water away at 8-9pm the night before the op and there is no way she'd eaten or been drinking anything before we left her at the vet. I think either they accidentally had left a bowl of water in the cage she was in or they messed up with the anesthetics... BUT to be sure I always take away all food at 6pm and water at 8pm the night before to make sure. Usually the vet recommends to take it away at 10pm.

It's very hard for me to trust any other vet than our "real" vet due to all this:( I hope you have one you trust:) Hugs to you and Elmo:hug:

OP
D
Feb 6, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Piggy
Petra thanks for the pics! Very helpful. I took a few pics of Miss Piggy's right now. I let her outside and i saw her shove her face in the snow...she used to do it when her eyes itched so im assuming that's why she did it! I immediately ran out to her and she stopped. This happened this morning. I'm wondering if her incision is supposed to look like this? It looks to have a little puss but i'm not sure if that is part of the healing process or what not. It also doesnt help that we cant clean her eyes! The vet said to not clean her wrinkles or wipe near her eyes...so it could possibly be from that too. Any thoughts?

surgery4.jpgsurgery2.jpgsurgery3.jpg

Attachments

• surgery.jpg
    surgery.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 110

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Petra thanks for the pics! Very helpful. I took a few pics of Miss Piggy's right now. I let her outside and i saw her shove her face in the snow...she used to do it when her eyes itched so im assuming that's why she did it! I immediately ran out to her and she stopped. This happened this morning. I'm wondering if her incision is supposed to look like this? It looks to have a little puss but i'm not sure if that is part of the healing process or what not. It also doesnt help that we cant clean her eyes! The vet said to not clean her wrinkles or wipe near her eyes...so it could possibly be from that too. Any thoughts?

View attachment 67460View attachment 67458View attachment 67459

OUCH.... @Petra [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] @Pati Robins [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names

View attachment 67460View attachment 67458View attachment 67459

I personally think she looks great:) the stitches should not have puss coming out of them... it can be some snot maybe? You'll see if it gets irritated, red and swollen. On the pictures I can't see anything to worry about:) I'd be very careful if cleaning the folder so the stitches don't get pulled. If you have to wipe rather just take a cloth and softly pat away the dirt/moist. Maybe rather let it be if the vet said so, as long as the folders doesn't get yest or looks to bad.

She's a beautiful girl<3 I'm glad she did good:)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm not really sure how the post op should look like for Entropian surgery, because I don't have experience with it. My Blossom had cherry eye surgery, and we opted to have the gland tacked or sewn back in her eye, rather than have it removed, her stitches weren't visible because they were inside the lower lid, and not on the outside, and she had dissolvable so we didn't have to have them removed. When is Miss Piggys post surgery follow up with the vet? Could you take those pictures to the vets office and show him, and ask if they are healing properly, he should be able to tell you from the picture if they look okay or not.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have never had this surgery before, there is obvious swelling which I think would be very normal, and the stitches look like they have some goop stuck to them, I would also think that would be normal, (my OCD would be going crazy not cleaning it up too!)..... but I would follow the vet's directions. If it is making you feel uneasy, you should be able to drop in for a follow up to ease your concerns, or perhaps ask if you can email the photos?

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Hey guys what causes this. Scared bert might get it! You know what they say,prevention is better than cure!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions