Help! Rapid breathing !

Maomao

Aug 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiara - stark
I got home this morning and my 9 month old E bully is having some rapid breathing , check his temp and 101.5 so no fever , check the wires around the house and everything looks ok, no burns around his mouth, also check all my cleaning supplies and everything looks intact, I do hear some gurgling .... I'm at the Er with my buddy ...also the day before yesterday his awesome running like a beast with my boxer!
Super sad and confused!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
vevebuma.jpg

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Hoping all is well. My bully use to have rapid breathing as a pup but not at 9 months of age. Hope its nothing serious

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh no… I'm so sorry!!! Sending prayers and hugs to you… please keep us posted!!! :pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sending prayers..... please keep us posted.

OP
Maomao

Maomao

Aug 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiara - stark
After 9 x rays .... Poor guy had to be sedated ... Was too fussy and anxious , Dx aspiration pneumonia ... :(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
After 9 x rays .... Poor guy had to be sedated ... Was too fussy and anxious , Dx aspiration pneumonia ... :(

OH NO! does he have to stay?

OP
Maomao

Maomao

Aug 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiara - stark
e8ubanet.jpg

He let me bring him home ... :)
We are going to start with oral antibiotics , he had one dose of iv meds ... Keeping and eye on him the next two days at home hoping that the progress will be positive , but if necessary he would have to be admitted for more iv meds and o2 chamber ! Praying that the treatment will work ...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Poor little fella'-and parents. Pray that your baby will feel better soon- and the meds will work, so he doesn't have to go in hospital.Prayers for y'all:pray:.Good that you took him in right away.

OP
Maomao

Maomao

Aug 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiara - stark
Does anybody have an idea of how he should be responding ... I would assume that today and tomorrow would not be good days for him ... He vomit about 3-4 times and really looks out of energy ...! :(
He hasn't pee after 10:00 am and is now 6:30 ... He has access to fresh water constantly ...
I also have iv fluids at the house and was thinking to give him some but wanted to wait until tomorrow ... Hoping is the sedation that has him feeling like this !????
7aqyra9e.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
The sedation would make him sleepy & vomit… I wouldn't expect a lot of energy from him today. I would assume that he wouldn't be dehydrated since they gave him an IV at the vets today. I would keep an eye on him for the next couple of days. Sending hugs and prayers… please keep us posted!!!

OP
Maomao

Maomao

Aug 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiara - stark
Thank You guys very much ! ! ! He is sleeping with us tonight ! Will definitely keep you guys posted !!! :) we're keeping a positive mind !!! Thanks everyone for your prayers !!! Much much love !!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Does anybody have an idea of how he should be responding ... I would assume that today and tomorrow would not be good days for him ... He vomit about 3-4 times and really looks out of energy ...! :(
He hasn't pee after 10:00 am and is now 6:30 ... He has access to fresh water constantly ...
I also have iv fluids at the house and was thinking to give him some but wanted to wait until tomorrow ... Hoping is the sedation that has him feeling like this !????
7aqyra9e.jpg

what a sweet boy.... You'll be better soon.

The sedation would make him sleepy & vomit… I wouldn't expect a lot of energy from him today. I would assume that he wouldn't be dehydrated since they gave him an IV at the vets today. I would keep an eye on him for the next couple of days. Sending hugs and prayers… please keep us posted!!!

Agreed.... He'll just want to sleep till probably tomorrow afternoon.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If the photo is any indication-he is still under sedation, as his little rocket is peeking out! So hoping he will feel better very soon.

OP
Maomao

Maomao

Aug 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiara - stark
If the photo is any indication-he is still under sedation, as his little rocket is peeking out! So hoping he will feel better very soon.
Thank you guys ..!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.