Infected anal glands and colitis flair up means POO everywhere

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey gang -- Banks is at the vet for the night. She just was not getting any better at all, we were have to change the bedding and bathe her every two hours for the past 2 days. Our bet had placed her on an antibiotic for the infected glands, which are looking great, but it was too much for her stomach/intestine and she was juts constantly :poo:... just water (green in color) coming out of her non stop. I got really scared today and just took her in as I was afraid she was becoming dehydrated... she was not doing anything, just laying on the sofa and I sort of paniced.

She is good tonight... all her blood work and fecal tests came back clean and her dehyration level was low but not horrible. Our vet wants to keep her for fluids and monitor her on the metromidizol . I call tomorrow morning at 9 for an update and see when I can bring her home.

thanks for all the love and support...

How is she doing this morning?

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Saw your update! Poor Banks....but the vet will get her better soon! Any news on her today?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Any update yet today?

Sure hope she's doing better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Oh hun xx im so sorry to read this -i will pray that Banks will feel better soon xxxx

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey gang... Sorry for the delay, work is just out of control.

Banks is home.... missed my Beeotchy girl!! She actually has oatmeal :poo: which is a 1000% improvement from yesterday! She went into 'spaz-attack' running all over so happy to be home. She is on Diarsanyl to help her intestine settle down and just three doses has done wonders. She will stay on the bland diet and the metronidazole till her :poo: is totally back to normal, well, actually till it is formed!

she and Daddy are very happy campers today

:whew: Mommy was in a very bad place yesterday.... So glad we are all home and she is getting better!!

thanks again for all the love prayers and support

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So glad to hear it Christine… I hope she feels 100% real soon, and I hope that you get a break from work!!! This has been HELL week for you girl… :evil:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
good good good good news! I've been thinking about her non-stop since yesterday afternoon.. THANK YOU for letting us know!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Great news, Christine!! I'm happy Banks is back home with you guys and it sounds like she is on the mend. Give her a big kiss from the boys and me please!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Fantastic news xx so happy shes home xxx with a bit of home comfort and tlc she be back to full health no time xx

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Poor baby!!! :(:(:( here's wishing she continues to very fast recovery!!! glad she's improving. BTW love LOVE her freckles!

Most Reactions