Infected anal glands and colitis flair up means POO everywhere

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: Monkey Butt, learn something new every day. :)

It is great... all the mucus and poo just runs off so it is not getting to her skin to make the area worse. Not that she is getting better, but it might not get worse. Spoke with our vet, he called in two different meds and took her off the stuff now. Also, she is not allowed to eat the rest of today.... he wants to get her stomach settled so we can see if there is any improvement. If no change this time tomorrow.... I am to call him with a status :(

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I just saw this thread...How is Banks doing?

- - - Updated - - -

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

- - - Updated - - -

still not good.... The poo is now a dark almost black/green. New meds tonight and no food till tomorrow night.... What to see if her system will settle down with the new meds. Strangely, everything else is normal... She even wants to play. However, her butt looks so so sore

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor baby! Butt paste might be similar to monkey butt, I don't know. I've heard it is an excellent diaper rash cream.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:up: I have them both... Alternating trying to get her bumm to 'cool off'.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Poor baby. I hope she will start getting better soon.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
still not good.... The poo is now a dark almost black/green. New meds tonight and no food till tomorrow night.... What to see if her system will settle down with the new meds. Strangely, everything else is normal... She even wants to play. However, her butt looks so so sore
Poor Banks. Give her lots of good lovins from me! Cheli too :)

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey gang -- Banks is at the vet for the night. She just was not getting any better at all, we were have to change the bedding and bathe her every two hours for the past 2 days. Our bet had placed her on an antibiotic for the infected glands, which are looking great, but it was too much for her stomach/intestine and she was juts constantly :poo:... just water (green in color) coming out of her non stop. I got really scared today and just took her in as I was afraid she was becoming dehydrated... she was not doing anything, just laying on the sofa and I sort of paniced.

She is good tonight... all her blood work and fecal tests came back clean and her dehyration level was low but not horrible. Our vet wants to keep her for fluids and monitor her on the metromidizol . I call tomorrow morning at 9 for an update and see when I can bring her home.

thanks for all the love and support...

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Much love, hugs and prayers coming your way.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We are sending lots of hugs & prayers to our baby Banks!!! :hug: Hopefully it was just the meds messing w/her tummy, and she will feel much better tomorrow… please keep us updated!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I sure hope she gets better soon, good call mama, she needs her tummy better. :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey gang -- Banks is at the vet for the night. She just was not getting any better at all, we were have to change the bedding and bathe her every two hours for the past 2 days. Our bet had placed her on an antibiotic for the infected glands, which are looking great, but it was too much for her stomach/intestine and she was juts constantly :poo:... just water (green in color) coming out of her non stop. I got really scbared today and just took her in as I was afraid she was becoming dehydrated... she was not doing anything, just laying on the sofa and I sort of paniced.

She is good tonight... all her blood work and fecal tests came back clean and her dehyration level was low but not horrible. Our vet wants to keep her for fluids and monitor her on the metromidizol . I call tomorrow morning at 9 for an update and see when I can bring her home.

thanks for all the love and support...

I'm so sorry she has to stay overnight. :( I pray she gets better.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online