Infected anal glands and colitis flair up means POO everywhere

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Monkey Butt is a paste and a powder that was originally sold for those who do alot of horseback riding and get sore.They usually have it in Tractor Suppply or horse supply. There is also a paste for babies that is very good, called Boudroux's (sp) butt paste, which is also good for sore butts.I have seen that in Walmart. they work.

thank you ---- I will go on the hunt today for it. Her poor bum is so, so red and sore she is getting to where she will not let us touch it.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is so bad, I'm so so so sorry Christine. I know works really been a pain for you lately and now this, I really pray it will heal up. I also wonder if it has anything to do with the weather and all the hours you've had to work.

I didn't know that they can inject the antibiotic straight into the gland, her poor fanny looks so irritated. :( I hope Cheli stays cool during all of this.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
thank you ---- I will go on the hunt today for it. Her poor bum is so, so red and sore she is getting to where she will not let us touch it.

I have used the butt paste before, and it worked wonders. I got it at Wallyworld, but I think that Rite Aid & Walgreens carry it too!!!

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
How's Banks this morning?!! Did she get some rest last night?!! Been thinking about you guys… :drawheart:

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How's Banks this morning?!! Did she get some rest last night?!! Been thinking about you guys… :drawheart:

Nothing has changed.... no improvement at all.

I am at WORK :stinkeye:, but will hunting for the monkey butt on my way home, I pass a few Walgreens and Rite Aid on the wat... as well as a Target. The desitin does not seem to be doing much. I bought the diapers, but I am concerned about the area not getting needed air to help dry it up so I opted not to use them

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nothing has changed.... no improvement at all.

I am at WORK :stinkeye:, but will hunting for the monkey butt on my way home, I pass a few Walgreens and Rite Aid on the wat... as well as a Target. The desitin does not seem to be doing much. I bought the diapers, but I am concerned about the area not getting needed air to help dry it up so I opted not to use them

Ugh I forgot about that sorry… isn't the storm headed your way today?!! We are getting it starting today at 3pm…
I agree the diapers might make things worse… I'm so sorry honey, I pray that she gets better today!!! Keep us posted… :pray:

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ugh I forgot about that sorry… isn't the storm headed your way today?!! We are getting it starting today at 3pm…
I agree the diapers might make things worse… I'm so sorry honey, I pray that she gets better today!!! Keep us posted… :pray:

Yes snow is on it's way.... I think evning/night to start and snow all day tomorrow. I cam in to get my laptop and some others physicall things done since I most likely will not make it to the office tomorrow. living in a new development has it's down-side.... plowing SUCKS!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
yes, he told us if it is not better after a week on the antibiotic, he wants he back in to inject antibiotic directly into the glands as he said they could potentially rupture! :faint:
Hopefully the antiobiotic works and it doesn't rupture. Those ruptures are bad. When is she going back in?

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hopefully the antiobiotic works and it doesn't rupture. Those ruptures are bad. When is she going back in?

he poor bumm is so raw... I got the Monkey butt that Lynn suggested (@manydogs ... thank you) that stuff is like a thick paste and really stays on the spot. I just sent pictures to our vet, but pending another damn snow storm, I am thinking he will want to see her tomorrow, but will have to be Tuesday :hissy:

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
he poor bumm is so raw... I got the Monkey butt that Lynn suggested (@manydogs ... thank you) that stuff is like a thick paste and really stays on the spot. I just sent pictures to our vet, but pending another damn snow storm, I am thinking he will want to see her tomorrow, but will have to be Tuesday :hissy:

I hope that stuff does the trick… hopefully you will get to stay home tomorrow w/her and keep her calm. Still sending hugs & prayers… :pray:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

Check the ingredients against Desitin. I looked and I believe it's the same active ingredient....maybe just a different strength. I saw it in the baby section of Walmart.

Whoops...just saw that you already got it. Poor Banks and poor you! I hope all this crap clears up for you..pun intended. Colitis sucks donkey balls. :donkey:

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Check the ingredients against Desitin. I looked and I believe it's the same active ingredient....maybe just a different strength. I saw it in the baby section of Walmart.

Whoops...just saw that you already got it. Poor Banks and poor you! I hope all this crap clears up for you..pun intended. Colitis sucks donkey balls. :donkey:

LMAO... yes, it sucks donkey balls is right! Checked the two and they both have the Zinc, but the Monkey butt is staying on her bumm, where the desitin 'melts' as soon as I put it on.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh no i just saw this. I hope banks feels better soon. I will be praying for her.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am praying for the poor girl. My butt feels sore:pouting: just thinking of it. OH and by the way...........:donkey: 010.JPGThe donkeys are not laughing!

Staff online

Members online