any suggestions?

kenilworth king

Feb 26, 2014
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
archie
20140228_161858.jpg does anyone have any suggestions on what this could be? This is archie's left ear. Its red and blotchy. He scratches at it once and awhile but doesn't really shake his head our there is no odor. We've been trying to find a good food for him cause i think he has allergies. Scratching at his face, folds are red and irritated. He was at the vet two weeks ago and vet said ears looked great. He had a ear infection three months ago or so. Just looking for opinions. Thanks

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Could possibly be hives or ear mites, certainly could be caused from food allergy. Poor baby it looks like it itches. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's what I was thinking, an allergy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agreed... allergy. How do his paw pads look?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola's ears act up with her allergies but I wash them twice a week with some tea tree oil ear cleaner (probably doesnt matter which cleaner you use, but tea tree oil is antiseptic and calming). A few times a month, I will use some vet prescribed ear salve…couple drops go a long way.

OP
K

kenilworth king

Feb 26, 2014
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
archie
Well we just got back from the vet. Apparently it is a ear infection and skin infection. Gave us ear drops and antibiotic for two weeks. Hope it works. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Looks like a yeast infection as a result of allergies. Lola had it. Is there any whitish yellow powdery stuff in the ear? If you google "yeast ear infection" and search the images that come up, you will see a lot of similar looking ears. Our vet prescribed Mometamex and it cleared up very fast. Others swear by a a drop called Zymox Octic for all sorts of ear conditions. You can get it on Amazon pretty cheap. Good luck. I hope Archie feels better soon.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.