xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
So today Jovi has thrown up TWICE, and not little ones like she has before after drinking, BIG watery ones! and its just like a thick fluid thats clear. Very hard to clean up btw! But then 2 of her treats I gace her this morning were in it (i reward her for going potty) She hasnt eaten today except for the treats, (she usually doesnt eat until 12ish or so, even though i feed her first thing) But she did have some water, and I didnt give her too much. Do you guys agree with me that she is just drinking too fast? Or MAYBE she is allergic to the dog treats i give her? I give her the Think dog! louisiana crab jerky. SHE LOVES THEM and they were recommended when going to our local dog food shop. Here are a few pictures I took after she threw up. She came to me like MOMMY I DONT FEEL GOOD!! even though now shes running around and causing trouble like normal. image (1).jpgimage (2).jpgimage (1).jpgimage (5).jpgimage (6).jpgimage (7).jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If she drinks a lot of water on an empty tummy it could be why. Have you tried a late night snack or early am snack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi April, it could be from drinking her water too fast, or maybe from eating her great too fast and on an empty stomach, since the treats came back up. Some members have posted on here that their bullies throw up bile or foam when they have an empty stomach. If this is not the case, then could she have possibly eaten something like a piece of toy or an object you don't know about? Vomiting, and diarrhea are often the first signs of an obstruction. Keep an eye on her, and if she continues to vomit, I would take her to the vet to have her checked out.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
thank you guys so much! yes i believe it is probably the empty stomach. that makes me feel a little bit more relieved! :whew: I try to feed her when she first wakes up but she will usually not want anything to do with it until around 12ish. She has now eaten her bowl for breakfast. Im not sure how she got on this schedule because when I first got her she would eat when she got up. But then again when I first got her she would never want to stop eating! lol now I feed her 3 cups a day and she will usually only want to eat 2. depends. But at night i try and feed her around 9ish since she eats her breakfast late. And she has been waking me up at 330 am to go potty (1 and 2) so maybe its that she is pooping it all out then when she wakes up she has an empty stomach but only wants to drink water? I will try and only give her water after she eats and see if it improves. Thank you guys so much! and I will def keep an eye on her. And maybe sometimes she is throwing up from a toy. She destroys all her toys! Just this week I have had to throw out 5 toys because she tore them to shreds :nope:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with the others, drinking on an empty stomach can cause this. Also she might be getting just a little too much food, might try cutting her back to 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 cups a day. Plus try "Fruitables" for her treats to see if that helps.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
It could be an empty stomach but keep a close eye on her. Brutus was doing the same thing and I swore no way He can't have an obstruction, I watch him like a hawk. Well I took him to the vet and an xray showed a partial obstruction. He must have found something somewhere. Maybe even from the back yard.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Try also to elevate her water bowl so she doesn't bend her head down to drink. My vet has told me that this will help them drink/eat slower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Yes....keep a close eye on her. An obstruction, if not caught in time, can cause serious damage or even death. So many on here have experienced it and it's a very scary thing. Don't hesitate to go to the vet....it could be nothing or it could be something.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
She hasnt thrown up at all today! so hopefully that is a good sign. I didnt give her any liquids until she ate her food. she seems to be doing great. I am going to try and get her something to elevate her water bowl and see if that helps aswell. :pray2:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm glad Jovi is feeling better. Hopefully giving her water before she eats was the reason, and she won't throw up anymore.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online