xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
So overall my puppy seems active and healthy. However, when she drinks or eats after she throws up. I am assuming it is probably because she is eating and drinking too fast? If you guys think it is, how would I correct her eating habits? I give her little water at a time but she still just drinks and drinks as fast as she can.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you do not believe that she is ill, I would get her a special dish for fast eaters. It looks like a maze on the inside. It slows them down. I wouldn't let her drink as soon as she eats. wait about 10 minutes. My Mal. used to drink a lot and if she drank too much at once, she would "burp" up the water. I would tell her "thats" enough. You could even use one of those "maze" bowls for water.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
thanks ill look into it! and yeah i think its is to do with her eating and drinking too fast because it usually only happens after she drinks or eats. i just didnt know how i could correct it.

samnie

Jun 29, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
samnie
samnie used to do this when she was younger. what i did was divvy up her meals and gave it to her a portion at a time (i used to divvy it into 4, so after she finishes the 1/4, id wait about a minute then give the next 1/4. now that she's 14 months, i just divvy it into 2) i dont know why but somehow that made her eat her food slower and we didnt have to worry about her throwing up anymore. 😉

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
gang has you covered...... good luck and keep us posted!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Curly likes to drink fast and use to just dive his face in the water bowl. His face would always be covered in water so we had to constantly dry his entire face.

We noticed that when we would refill the water he would drink the water pouring down from the pitcher. We have since switched to a drinking well and he drinks from the fountain and that has significantly slowed down his drinking. I know not all dogs will drink from a fountain (my other two won't) but if your EB does drink from pouring water I would highly recommend. Picture below. Curly decided to demo for us too :)

ezaryby2.jpg

3eqa2yry.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.