Inflamed Belly Button

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I noticed that Bear's belly button is red and swollen. There's bumps all around it too. He's only 9 weeks old. He had a chin pimple but it is practically gone. Could this be a sign of allergies? He's on Iams Puppy and I plan on changing him as soon as I can get to the local feed store. It doesn't seem to bother him but I'm not sure what to do to make it go away! It's not open or anything, just puffy and bright red...

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Can you post a photo of how it looks like xx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Picture would be good to help let you know what to do to help and know what the issue might be.

i doubt it is allergies, but you never know.

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Sorry guys, we just moved and my phone charger was packed away in some random box so I couldn't get a picture. We figured out what's wrong though. Our mastiff hurt his leg last week so my boyfriend made a ramp for him to get on and off our porch easier. Apparently he left the edges rough and I didn't know so every time Bear would climb up the side of the ramp he would scrape his belly. We figured that out after he got a scratch own there!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry guys, we just moved and my phone charger was packed away in some random box so I couldn't get a picture. We figured out what's wrong though. Our mastiff hurt his leg last week so my boyfriend made a ramp for him to get on and off our porch easier. Apparently he left the edges rough and I didn't know so every time Bear would climb up the side of the ramp he would scrape his belly. We figured that out after he got a scratch own there!

COOL... glad he is OK and it is an weasy fix!

Most Reactions