URGENT!!! 7 months english bulldog having hard to breathe please help me

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I had a episodes with my Ace when I first got him. He had this horrible coughing sound. I was fortunate it enough that it went away after 2 days with some antibiotics that ran for a total of 7 days.I thought it was kennel cough after seeing some videos. Vet told me that he had his throat inflamed, therefore, was probably not going to eat much. I would add water to his food to soften it up, and it mthought it was kennel cough after seeing some videos.

Considering your baby had surgery, and like mentioned on previous posts I would definitely start by trying to get him back in with the original vet/surgeon (if possible). Those Xrays need to be done to rule out any pneumonia or even possible aspiration. You mentioned he eats really fast. I would consider using a slow feeder bowl or adding a slow feeder stainless steel ball to assist with preventing aspiration pneumonia and slow him down a bit. I really hope he gets better and this gets resolved asap! Prayers your way.

OP
bitondm

bitondm

Feb 22, 2014
Country
israel
Bulldog(s) Names
phpo
hello my friends im happy to annonce that my EB is much better,i think it was something that related to the season changes..
he breathe much much better!! he start to be active much more then before im very happy, tanks u all i really happy that we have a place that we could help each other!!
i change his food to natural balance duck&potatoes my puppy looks much better then his old food (Royal canin EB junior) but he seems to had huge shading that wont stop im adding to his food alaska solomun oil but still he shade for 3 weeks already ,if someone have any idea i would be happy to hear

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hello my friends im happy to annonce that my EB is much better,i think it was something that related to the season changes..
he breathe much much better!! he start to be active much more then before im very happy, tanks u all i really happy that we have a place that we could help each other!!
i change his food to natural balance duck&potatoes my puppy looks much better then his old food (Royal canin EB junior) but he seems to had huge shading that wont stop im adding to his food alaska solomun oil but still he shade for 3 weeks already ,if someone have any idea i would be happy to hear

So good to hear he is doing better.... Shedding is normal, twice a year they will do was is known as 'blow the coat'. What we do during this time is take them outside and brush them with the Kong Zoom Groom, it gets the under coat and loose fur out and gone. It helps, but nothing stops it

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So good to hear he is doing better.... Shedding is normal, twice a year they will do was is known as 'blow the coat'. What we do during this time is take them outside and brush them with the Kong Zoom Groom, it gets the under coat and loose fur out and gone. It helps, but nothing stops it

Agree, could be blowing the coat which is so common when the warm weather comes. So wonderful to hear that the new food is going good and your baby is doing better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.