Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 7 months english bulldog having hard to breathe please help me

Sorry, I am WAY late on this post. To me it does sound like a heart or lung problem. I would want to speak to the Veterinarian who did the palate surgery. Surely he checked the heart and lungs before going through with surgery. That would be my first thought. Praying that you baby will be okay, and you will find the answers.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mavsfan4life View Post
    This sounds very similar to what we are experiencing with Mayhem. He has had a chronic lung infection. He would get the steroids and antibiotics and feel better for several days or even weeks and then the same symptoms would manifest again. I would suggest taking him to a vet that can provide digital xrays and an ultrasound. They will be able to check out both his lungs and his heart. Best of luck finding the cause.
    I also agree with Cyndi-but I would still like to speak with Vet, who did palate surgery...
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Sorry I don't have any help or advice here but you have received all that above I just want to Welcome you phpo to EBN and wish you all the best and hope this all gets sorted out for you both

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bitondm View Post
    tank you all i really happy to see your odds to help me, my puppy wight is great he had the surgery 2.5 months ago, i also think maybe it some infection, he is popping normal, he had x ray last time but we didnt succed to lay him on his back, i thing his food not realted to his condition,i think maybe his loung not so good, its what the vet also meantion" i saw better one" like he said, tommrew i will go again to the vet to hear his opinion i will take video of him after short run and if he wont help me understand my boy, i will go to someone ealse and for sure i will update you all!! tanks again i feel we are like family here its the best feeling i can get!

I see you from Israel , must be hot there too. You're in a good place here the people will help you, I don't know if you have many bulldog vets in your country, but if you can find one, that would be great. I don't believe its a food problem. I wish you much success with your new baby, hope everything is well today
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Country
    israel
    Bulldog(s) Names
    phpo
    Likes (Received)

tank you all i also think its related to heart or lounge i prey we all wrong.. he wants to play,run,be happy but its look like he know he had a limit im going to take him to a tests to see what are we need to do to make him live better and happier im promise to consult you all with every info i will get tanks again i really happy to see your great help

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

tank you all i also think its related to heart or lounge i prey we all wrong.. he wants to play,run,be happy but its look like he know he had a limit im going to take him to a tests to see what are we need to do to make him live better and happier im promise to consult you all with every info i will get tanks again i really happy to see your great help
    Thank you for the update, we will be sending prayers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member AceTheBathound's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eric
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ACE (The Bathound)
    Likes (Received)

I had a episodes with my Ace when I first got him. He had this horrible coughing sound. I was fortunate it enough that it went away after 2 days with some antibiotics that ran for a total of 7 days.I thought it was kennel cough after seeing some videos. Vet told me that he had his throat inflamed, therefore, was probably not going to eat much. I would add water to his food to soften it up, and it mthought it was kennel cough after seeing some videos.

Considering your baby had surgery, and like mentioned on previous posts I would definitely start by trying to get him back in with the original vet/surgeon (if possible). Those Xrays need to be done to rule out any pneumonia or even possible aspiration. You mentioned he eats really fast. I would consider using a slow feeder bowl or adding a slow feeder stainless steel ball to assist with preventing aspiration pneumonia and slow him down a bit. I really hope he gets better and this gets resolved asap! Prayers your way.
    Ace! Come here boy...
    Ace just stares

Country
    israel
    Bulldog(s) Names
    phpo
    Likes (Received)

hello my friends im happy to annonce that my EB is much better,i think it was something that related to the season changes..
    he breathe much much better!! he start to be active much more then before im very happy, tanks u all i really happy that we have a place that we could help each other!!
    i change his food to natural balance duck&potatoes my puppy looks much better then his old food (Royal canin EB junior) but he seems to had huge shading that wont stop im adding to his food alaska solomun oil but still he shade for 3 weeks already ,if someone have any idea i would be happy to hear

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

hello my friends im happy to annonce that my EB is much better,i think it was something that related to the season changes..
    he breathe much much better!! he start to be active much more then before im very happy, tanks u all i really happy that we have a place that we could help each other!!
    i change his food to natural balance duck&potatoes my puppy looks much better then his old food (Royal canin EB junior) but he seems to had huge shading that wont stop im adding to his food alaska solomun oil but still he shade for 3 weeks already ,if someone have any idea i would be happy to hear
    So good to hear he is doing better.... Shedding is normal, twice a year they will do was is known as 'blow the coat'. What we do during this time is take them outside and brush them with the Kong Zoom Groom, it gets the under coat and loose fur out and gone. It helps, but nothing stops it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    So good to hear he is doing better.... Shedding is normal, twice a year they will do was is known as 'blow the coat'. What we do during this time is take them outside and brush them with the Kong Zoom Groom, it gets the under coat and loose fur out and gone. It helps, but nothing stops it
    Agree, could be blowing the coat which is so common when the warm weather comes. So wonderful to hear that the new food is going good and your baby is doing better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads