Experiences with UTIs?

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Hi long lost bully friends!! It's been forever! :blush2: Life has been crazy (in a good way!). We had our first baby (human)on 5/16 & things have been a whirlwind since!

So, my lovely Penny Girl had UTI about 3.5 weeks ago. We took her to the vet & did 2 weeks of an antibiotic. We went back last week for her follow up & everything was clear. However, she peed in her crate this morning which she NEVER does and it had the awful smell. She also had blood in her urine again and actually threw up this morning. So, back we went this afternoon. I am happy with they vet. She took an x-ray to make sure that there were no kidney stones (all clear) and took a sterile urine sample to send away for culturing since it came back. She also started her on a stronger antibiotic than she took last time (the new one is Orbax I think she was on clavamox last time). They will call me when the culture comes back and then she may change the medicine.

I read the post on here about them, but I guess I'm just looking for some encouragement.

The last antibiotic gave her yeast in her face folds which we have never had issues with. We have wipes which cleared it up pretty quick and I put plain yogurt in her dinner tonight.

If you have done cranberry, how much did you supplement with?

Thanks

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hey you!!!! Nice to see you again!

Sounds all normal, sometimes there is different strains if bacteria , or if there is even just a teeny bit left it will come back.

I hope she gets better! And don't be a stranger :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MissPennyLue

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Thank you!! I'm really hoping this one will clear it up. I feel so bad for her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Be diligent with the antibiotic, make sure you finish all of it... as Lisa stated, even a tiny bit of bacteria left and the UTI will return.

Most Reactions