Vomiting issues please help to ease my concern

KYBully270

Feb 19, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Recently I took my bully Charlie to the dog park in my area to introduce him to other dogs. He is 11 months old and full of energy so but I was a little concerned about how he would interact with other dogs. On a positive note he played perfectly with all the dogs. Unfortunately, in the middle of playing he stopped in his tracks and vomited. He has only vomited once since I've had him so it caught me off guard. I gave him a little water and tried to walk him slow away from the dogs and he vomited again. Does anyone else have this problem when playing?

For a side note he's fed twice a day once at around 8 then around 8 at night this happened at 4 in the afternoon

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It could have been from over-excitement...... What did the vomit look like? Yellow, clear, foamy??

OP
KYBully270

KYBully270

Feb 19, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Foamy sorta yellow more clear still some food in it. I chalked it up to excitement as well just wondering if there is something I can do to help prevent it. I don’t have any family here so id like to be able to take there more but I dont want him to continue doing that.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Only thing I can think of is try to settle him down after being there for a bit... Limit running time

OP
KYBully270

KYBully270

Feb 19, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Will try I want to make sure he's getting some good exercise I didn't think we were there for very long ill just keep a closer eye on him

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It doesn't take much for them to get there... So like 15 mins or so settle him and see of it helps

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, sounds like you already got some great advice from members. I agree the vomiting is probably from running too much and over excitement. Try limiting his play time to 15 or 20 minutes, and make sure it's a good temperature for him, not to hot or not to cold, many bullies don't tolerate extreme temperatures, or too much exercise.

OP
KYBully270

KYBully270

Feb 19, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
It was the first good weather day here since the fall low 60s cloudy so I don't think heat or anything was an issue. We were out there for probably 10 minutes before he threw up the first time but I kept him on the leash for a little while because hes never been around that many dogs. I'm thinking maybe he gasped a little too much due to me having to hold him back on the leash and got a lot of air mixed with excitement and water. Now that I know he plays well maybe next time ill get him off the leash and away from the water limit his play time and see how it goes

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It was the first good weather day here since the fall low 60s cloudy so I don't think heat or anything was an issue. We were out there for probably 10 minutes before he threw up the first time but I kept him on the leash for a little while because hes never been around that many dogs. I'm thinking maybe he gasped a little too much due to me having to hold him back on the leash and got a lot of air mixed with excitement and water. Now that I know he plays well maybe next time ill get him off the leash and away from the water limit his play time and see how it goes

good plan.... keep us posted, plesase

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online