brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Poor baby I hope she feels better soon. Please update as soon as you know anything. She is so cute and looks very relaxed.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor Emma, hope she's all better soon!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
She is so cute and looks very relaxed.
Her look is deceiving. lol She growled and put her hair up at a very large docile black lab that was in there. She is not pet friendly to other but her own pack. She stayed under my feet and gave all that stink eye look if they dared got too close.

martybc

Feb 15, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Hi! I am new here and by no means and expert cause I just got my first bully however he is only 16-17 weeks old and has a tail pocket infection. We are treating this right now with anibiotics, a soap that the vet gave us to cleanse it with and we were told to shave it which we did and its getting better! we are on day 2 of treatment since its came about on the weekend. The shaving really helps since it needs air. Hes so much better. We also use witch hazel to clean it, then desitin and once it dries completly up we'll use gold bond. Everything I am tellin you I found out here and started it before I went to the vet. Except the antibiotics of course but I am guessing you just need to take the dog in. You'll need the other stuff too but you can try it for a day and see if its better first anyway. Good luck I know other will help they told me to search the fourms for tail pockets!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi! I am new here and by no means and expert cause I just got my first bully however he is only 16-17 weeks old and has a tail pocket infection. We are treating this right now with anibiotics, a soap that the vet gave us to cleanse it with and we were told to shave it which we did and its getting better! we are on day 2 of treatment since its came about on the weekend. The shaving really helps since it needs air. Hes so much better. We also use witch hazel to clean it, then desitin and once it dries completly up we'll use gold bond. Everything I am tellin you I found out here and started it before I went to the vet. Except the antibiotics of course but I am guessing you just need to take the dog in. You'll need the other stuff too but you can try it for a day and see if its better first anyway. Good luck I know other will help they told me to search the fourms for tail pockets!

Hello there Marty and welcome to EBN! I took her in to the vet today and just got home. Does Bear have a tight tail pocket?

Ok, here's the skinny. Emma has a bad tail infection. Her vet put her on Cefpodoxime (oral) twice daily. He's going to follow up with me when that prescription is done in two weeks to see how she is doing. At that time, if she's not healing up, tail amputation was brought up as a last resort but it was mentioned. I'm not too surprised by that because I've always thought it could happen to her with the way her tail is. It's a wicked bend inward right toward her body. He didn't mention shaving but I'm going to shave her anyway I think. He has a double coat of fur and ti's very thick. I'm always digging in there and pulling out the fur that collects. He did say that I'm doing a great job on her but I do feel that I could have done better. Not beating myself up but......I do feel partially responsible. :(

I'll also keep her clean with witch hazel twice daily.

I'll keep everyone

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey all, just wanted to give you an update on Emma's tail pocket infection. I'm happy to report that about 4 days of being on the antibiotic and twice a day cleaning, she's all healed up. She just finished her meds this morning. I'm definately be more diligent on cleaning that area, especially since she get a lot of hair in there.

So as long as it doesn't become recurring, she should be clear of having to have a tail amputation. :pray:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hey all, just wanted to give you an update on Emma's tail pocket infection. I'm happy to report that about 4 days of being on the antibiotic and twice a day cleaning, she's all healed up. She just finished her meds this morning. I'm definately be more diligent on cleaning that area, especially since she get a lot of hair in there.

So as long as it doesn't become recurring, she should be clear of having to have a tail amputation. :pray:

That is such good news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wonderful news Jeannie!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Great news! Pick that pocket!!:yes: Happy she is okay!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.