URGENT!!! Bloody eye with looks to be ulcer

Neesy33

Feb 17, 2013
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
:((((( I came home and Butters eye was bloody and there was this growth like thing in it. He has had eye problems before, just normal dry eye and occasional infection. BUT THIS .... I have never seen. Does anyone have any knowledge of what this is. I am calling the vet in the morning but can not get him there until weds unless they can squeeze me in tom night. He does not seem to be in pain, and he is not trying to rub or itch it at all. My poor baby :( :( 1912198_10203344828887406_1665273821_n.jpg1932166_10203344827447370_733443490_n.jpg1959393_10203344830687451_1631872113_n.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my goodness, no I have never seen anything like this before, sure wish I could offer some advice. I will tag a few members who may be able to help.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have never seen anything like this before either. Please keep us updated

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm thinking he scratched his 3rd eyelid. :(. Punkin scratched his eye prior to him living with us and, although it left a scar, his vision is perfectly fine. I would go to the vet tomorrow so he can get eye drops to avoid infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I haven't seen anything like this either, but it almost looks like a cherry eye that has been scratched. Has he had his eyelid pop out before? If it is cherry eye, he may have irritated it. It would be a good idea to see the vet as soon as you can, so it doesn't get infected. I hope he feels better soon. Please keep us posted.

OP
N

Neesy33

Feb 17, 2013
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
I know i have been online for hours looking to see if I can find anything close to it and I cant :( My first thought was the Cherry eye but it has never popped out. Thanks for the help! We will see what the vet says, makes me feel better that he is not seeming uncomfortable or in pain. I just fear that will want to do surgery to remove it :((

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I know i have been online for hours looking to see if I can find anything close to it and I cant :( My first thought was the Cherry eye but it has never popped out. Thanks for the help! We will see what the vet says, makes me feel better that he is not seeming uncomfortable or in pain. I just fear that will want to do surgery to remove it :((

Very sorry this isn't something I'm up on. My guess is a tear (scratched at perhaps) of the
3rd eyelid however whatever the cause or whatever it is, I'd take him to Vet ASAP. You
need to know what it is AND avoid infection. With bullies, never take for granted they aren't
in pain as they can stoically endure without signs until pain is unendurable. Please let us know
what Vet says. GOD bless

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It actually does look like a cherry eye that he accidentally scratched. What I think the vet will do is determine if he has an ulcer by doing a dye test. It's a common procedure for the eyes and harmless. He'll then give you some antibiotics, with or without steroids. You may bd able to massage it back in once it heals. But he may also be required to wear a cone to avoid more mishaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ouch.... Never seen anything like that, please let us know what the vet findings are, I pray it is nothing too serious !

best of luck and please keep us posted

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm just wondering if it's an infected tear duct? Not sure though.

OP
N

Neesy33

Feb 17, 2013
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
Thank you all for the <3 I took Butters to the bet yesterday. The vet said that it looks to be an infection of the eyelid. He said in any other normal dog he would do a surgery to remove it. He said because of the bulldogs breathing problems and the fact that he is 10 it would be risky to put him under :(( So he gave us antibiotic eye drops he has to stay on for 10 days and pray that works. If it does not then he will do the surgery, but then he also recommended fixing him because he has a lump by his hiney. He said that it does not look or feel to be anal gland cancer but to be sure and safe he would remove that as well. I really really am trying to keep positive because I do not want to see him go through all that at his age. He already has bad arthritis that we deal with. SO positive thoughts and prayers for my beanie that these drops work. Thanks so much <3 <3 <3 xoxoxox Denise & Butters

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:pray::pray:Get well prayers for you, :pray2:Butters.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Will be praying for beautiful Butters. We're all softies for seniors here, they steal our hearts so fast. Please keep us updated. :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.