URGENT!!! Bloody eye with looks to be ulcer

Redsmom

Aug 17, 2013
Pleasanton, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Shakespeare
Thank you all for the <3 I took Butters to the bet yesterday. The vet said that it looks to be an infection of the eyelid. He said in any other normal dog he would do a surgery to remove it. He said because of the bulldogs breathing problems and the fact that he is 10 it would be risky to put him under :(( So he gave us antibiotic eye drops he has to stay on for 10 days and pray that works. If it does not then he will do the surgery, but then he also recommended fixing him because he has a lump by his hiney. He said that it does not look or feel to be anal gland cancer but to be sure and safe he would remove that as well. I really really am trying to keep positive because I do not want to see him go through all that at his age. He already has bad arthritis that we deal with. SO positive thoughts and prayers for my beanie that these drops work. Thanks so much <3 <3 <3 xoxoxox Denise & Butters

Shakespeare scratched his cherry eye, as well. Our (former) vet was not comfortable doing surgery on a bulldog so he referred us to an ophthalmologist. We live in the SF area, and every vet wanted $1800-$2500 to stitch it back into place or remove it. I finally found a very knowledgeable, compassionate vet who took him in immediately (after 3 weeks of consultations, eye drops, and wearing a cone), charged us only $300, and did it WITHOUT PUTTING HIM UNDER. He was in and out in less than 20 minutes, and never expressed any discomfort or pain. Check around and see if any other vets will do it with just a local. His was scabbed and yucky when he had it done

OP
N

Neesy33

Feb 17, 2013
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
Thanks Redsmom! Im so glad you got his done. I really hope I can find an alternative because with his age putting him under really scares me. :( Then they want to neuter on top of it, which I get there are some benefits buts its like he is 10 is it really beneficial for him now > There are just so may risks :(

- - - Updated - - -

<3 <3 <3 Thank you so much!

OP
N

Neesy33

Feb 17, 2013
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
<3 <3 Thank you all so much for the prayers that means so much to me and Butters <3 I always say dog people are the best people! <3 <3 <3

OP
N

Neesy33

Feb 17, 2013
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
Butter Bean is still a happy baby <3 1911737_10203392165950803_413651741_n.jpg1961526_10203392165830800_100013148_n.jpg

Members online

No members online now.