Help Needed! Eye problem

rub504

Dec 4, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Benson
This morning his eye was fine. Went to go out and eat, came back after 1 1/2 hours and noticed a bump inside his right eye. I will wait to see if it gets worse before I take him to the vet hopefully it'll get better on its own. I did bathe him last night and washed his face with shampoo but I am very careful when I do his face. Maybe little went inside his eye I don't know. What do you guys recommend I do?

-ruben-

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392510556228.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392510556228.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 134
  • uploadfromtaptalk1392510566763.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392510566763.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 111

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Looks like a bit of a cherry eye? or it may have gotten irritated by shampoo....

Txarmywife

Oct 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
How old is he? Ours has had the similar thing happen particularly after playing...extremely randomly. It would go back down. Disappear for a few days. Come up in the other eye. At the time his nose rope and face were growing and I really believe it played a part in the appearance of the cherry eye. It hasn't happened again but from what I understand, it's easier to treat it when it first happens. So definitely act promptly and keep an eye on it. Unfortunately eye problems are just another part of the breed.

OP
rub504

rub504

Dec 4, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Benson
I didn't know what cherry eye was until Manydogs mentioned it and dud research. So I know for sure it wasn't the bath from last night because he was fine not too long ago. I will massage it with a warm cloth and hopefully it will go back in place. Our should I wait coupe of days before I try this method?

-ruben-

OP
rub504

rub504

Dec 4, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Benson
How old is he? Ours has had the similar thing happen particularly after playing...extremely randomly. It would go back down. Disappear for a few days. Come up in the other eye. At the time his nose rope and face were growing and I really believe it played a part in the appearance of the cherry eye. It hasn't happened again but from what I understand, it's easier to treat it when it first happens. So definitely act promptly and keep an eye on it. Unfortunately eye problems are just another part of the breed.

He is around 5 or 6 months old. When you say treat it you mean massage it or what?

-ruben-

OP
rub504

rub504

Dec 4, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Benson
Wtf it went away :-/

-ruben-

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392514440927.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392514440927.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 105

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, it definetely looks like cherry eye to me. My Blossom developed cherry eye when she was 5 months old, and at first we were able to massage it back in. It would stay in for a while, but would sometimes. pop out when she played or ran around. After a while it wouldn't stay in anymore, and after talking to the vet we opted to have it repaired at the same time as we spayed her at 7 months old, that was 17 months ago, and her eyes are fine now. If it continues to pop out, and she needs to have repair surgery, it's best to wait until you have her spayed so that you can do both surgeries at the same time and avoid putting her under anesthetic twice, plus it's cheaper to do two or more surgeries together, than to do them separately. If it continues to pop out, there is a risk of the eye drying out because the cheery eye gland is exposed to the air, which can cause irritation of the eye tissues. You can use over the counter Refresh or other moisturizing eye drops from the drugstore, ( the same kind you would use for yourself ). Most products and supplements that are safe for humans are also safe to use on our pets.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.