Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Lilly is over 10 months now ,and from her brilliant white fur i start noticing tiny stains-not yet a full blown tear stains -but it feels im losing a battle
So far we used -warm water -and dried after daily ,and witch hazel weekly
We also try and wipe lillys chin -but she started getting spots -same rule applied ,witch hazel weekly and trying to keep her chin dry
I know it is a puppy acne -but it is kicking my ocd on lol

Is there anything i should try? (Safe -no peroxide please) ;-) x
No food change , behaviour change (apart from heat) ,health issues -none
We use ceramic bowls as few of my dogs had issues with spots while using stainless steel

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Why not do the witch hazel every other day and see if it helps

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Duoxo pads have done wonders on Curlys acne. Usually when I see him breaking out, I clean his chin with a baby wipe and then take a duoxo pad and hold it onto the spot for about 1 min once in the morning and once in the evening. By the next day the inflammation is down and he clears up pretty quickly after.

For the tear stain, when Curlys is bad from allergies I put some Desitin on it after wiping and drying instead of witch hazel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby Nichols

Feb 15, 2014
I switched to a grain free food (Merrick... It's incredible) and that cleared Louie's MASSIVE tear stains up ENTIRELY within weeks. We clean him daily regardless as we always have, but we were losing that battle pretty badly before switching. What kind of food are you on?

Also, why did you mention peroxide as something unsafe? My vet recommended it for Louie's interdigital cysts and puppy acne and they've both cleared up quite well.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys ;-), i also bought a substitute for duoxo pads ,haven't used it yet , im trying witch hazel on her chin daily atm
Bobby -we are on grain free ,hypoallergenic from the start
My deafie girl Shy suffer from allergies ,so good food is a must
I just dont trust peroxide to be used on such a delicate areas near her eyes (especially with my shaky hands)

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
[MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION] where did you buy the substitute for duoxo pads? I struggle to stop meekos tear stains but I find many things here in UK rubbish. Ive debated ordering angel eyes from ebay but always put it off as there must be a good reason its banned from sale in UK. Ive tried johnsons tear stain stuff and its rubbish. I tried peroxide once but never again as I panicked about it being so close to his eyes and it wasnt a miracle formula lol. I wipe them daily. I cant find apple cider vinegar to buy to put in his water either ive tried all local supermarkets (tesco asda morrisons etc)

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Chlorexadine (i think i typed it ok) -i make my own (thanks to one member who mentioned this)
You can get duoxo pads in uk but they are way overpriced
Angeleyes-will never use this on my dogs !
azy7e7a2.jpg

Now im not sure if is red from cleaning or its began to stain lol
Sorry bad lighting too
Also CLX wipes are apparently good but i never used them

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.