Re: Is this the precursor to bloat or something else? Any ideas?

OP
Sharon Mitchel

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male

Thanks [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]. You're right this is sounding awfully similar. It is encouraging that Brutus is feeling better.

5 year old Charley has gone from feeling/acting like an active 2 year old to an aging dog in one month. He starts to feel better then wants to play, but it makes him feel sick. I can see it in his eyes and his demeanor. He is eating but not drinking enough. No fever, no vomit, no bowel issues, no hyper salivation, he just doesn't feel good and wants to be left alone. This is so not our affectionate and very active Charley. If he doesn't seem better today, it will be back to the vet.

How long has Brutus been on the Royal Canin? Is the goal to reintroduce an unusual protein food like rabbit or venison at some point to see what he can tolerate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack

He has been on it for approx 2wks now with no issues. I think this is a life time thing since he seems to be allergic to animal protein. He had been on Merrick Grain free Buffalo and sweet potato with no issues for approx 6mos. Then BAM all of a sudden so sick. I could tell also that he was acting like a different dog. He had spurts of energy but was cranky and was acting out to my other bulldog. I would ask the vet and see what they think. Good luck and keep me posted.

OP
Sharon Mitchel

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Thanks [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]. I hope Brutus overcomes this. I have allergies too and know how frustrating it can be.

I didn't give Charley Pepcid this morning or evening and he is back to being the energizer bunny tonight. No chicken for him! If it truly is chicken that bothers him, oh my he is REALLY sensitive. So no chicken nor added oils for a few weeks to see if this resolves It is wonderful to see him feel good tonight!

OP
Sharon Mitchel

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

raquqyba.jpg
e5uvyhev.jpg

OP
Sharon Mitchel

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Well, that didn't work so well! I wanted to add a few pics of our baby, Charley. I got the pics, no text. Oops!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.