Beginning bloat or something else? Help, please!

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
First, let me say we went to the vet today and she doesn't think this is bloat.

Charley had a recurring ear yeast infection. Vet put him on synotic drops 1/15/14. They suggested he could have allergies causing the yeast. With that in mind and after some reading, I slowly changed his food from acana duck to orijen grain free chicken. Then one night two weeks ago, he accidentally was fed twice (oops). He started drooling and was unsettled that night. I gave him pepto bismol and rescue remedy. He was able to get a good nights sleep. Last night the drooling came on again with no warning. Same treatment, same result. This happened again mid day today, so off to the vet we went. She wants him on a bland diet for two weeks, then put him back slowly on acana.

So, how much rice and chicken should I feed a 53 lb bullie who could really stand to lose 3 pounds per the vet at his annual exam in January.

Any other ideas about why he is sick? Oh, no fever, no vomiting, no diarrhea. Thanks so much!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like the food does not agree with him and he has an upset tummy for the bland diet I do 1 cup in am and 1cup in PM

Most Reactions

Members online