General Question Bulldog throwing up water

ptran713

Sep 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
capo
My bulldog is constantly throwing up water after he drinks it. He would drink his water and when he burps he throws everything up. Does anybody else have problem with there bulldog? My dog has an elevated food bowl but still has this problem. He does this every single day. Somebody help please! It is very frustrating to clean up everyday.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my female Blossom sometimes does this when she drinks too fast, it can also happen if they drink too much water at one time, especially if it's just after eating, or after exercise.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Yeah my Sebastian does this when he drinks to much as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
One of my Belgian Malanois would do this every time she drank too much at one time. If I heard her drinking, I would tell her enough, when I thought she's had enough-at one time. She thought she was a CAMEL!!! If she drank too much at once after she walked away, she would burp and bring up a puddle!

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Not sure how accurate this is, but according to the ASPCA, you should not feed/water your dog from a raised bowl, unless advised by your vet. The reason is that it can increase their chances of bloat. Not sure if this is causing a gas bubble in your baby causing the vomiting. I'll include the link to the article and you can judge for yourself because I know there are mixed feelings on the raised bowl issue. Good luck.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/dog-care/bloat

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I have this problems with my pitty all the time if he drinks too fast and too much at one time. Try not to get frustrated it's not his fault. You may need to get a special type of water bowl.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.